Thread: WiFi Auto Login Public Denial

WiFi Auto Login Public Denial

Hello, (that means any/everyone who happens to read this post)

(**all info in parenthesis was added as more info was requested by a forum moderator)

(Short version without all the ((unnecessary fluff)) "How can I prevent WiFi from auto login to public networks?")

I'm wondering how to get my raspberry pi4 (4gb ram version running the latest kali(as in kali linux) release that I'm aware of. I'm new so please be kind) (Ohh... and I put it in a black flirc case. I really like it) to NOT auto connect to my work's public WiFi? Every time I boot the device it auto logins to the public work WiFi (name of is withheld intentionally) and that is a bad thing. I don't want to play/test (both play and test) with or on it (the raspberry pi 4 4gb ram version) and have my efforts picked up by works (name of employment intentionally withheld) network security. I have a Ethernet cable (its black) going from the pi and also plugged into my (w10 ...er... that means windows 10, home edition, with all the latest updates that i know of) laptop. This way I have a closed connected network.

Any ideas/help?

Thanks,

Dave/GNUoob

Are you sure you haven't connected it previously to it? Which would mean it saved the network and now connects automatically.

I don't think there is any feature to auto connect to open networks but I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister_X View Post
    Are you sure you haven't connected it previously to it? Which would mean it saved the network and now connects automatically.

I don't think there is any feature to auto connect to open networks but I could be wrong.
    That sucks.

Thank you for responding

The raspberry auto connects to my works WiFi but doesn't authenticate due to my intentionally not doing it. I was just hoping/looking for a way to stop the system from ATTEMPTING to auto login to any **** & Jane by default.

Remove the network from favorites