Thread: rtl8822be wifi not working after updated to kernel 5.2.0

rtl8822be wifi not working after updated to kernel 5.2.0

after i upgrade 4.19 to 5.2.0 , the wifi don't working any more ,

and 4.19 kernel is working well .

is there some one can help with this issue ?

wifi net work always scanning ,but no wifi can be connected in the list

Quote Originally Posted by when123 View Post
    after i upgrade 4.19 to 5.2.0 , the wifi don't working any more ,

and 4.19 kernel is working well .

is there some one can help with this issue ?

Well i have the exact same problem on parrot os after upgrading to 5.2.0 and it works fine on the previous version and i have the same card as you it seems like it's major

Anything in dmesg?

I managed to fix it

Hi! I've been dealing with this error for the past two days and finally managed to solve it. I'll try to guide everyone through the steps, but consider I'm pretty new to kali/linux so some steps might be unnecesary or even changed to fit your own system.
    I installed Kali and wifi worked perfectly until I did a dist-upgrade. The only reason I did it was because it was recommended by kali documentation when trying to install nvidia drivers. After getting kernel 5.2.0 wifi was gone, not even detected in iwconfig, but my device was listed using;

Code:
    lshw -C network
    I followed the instructions on https://github.com/lwfinger/rtlwifi_new to install the drivers for rtl8822be, and then it was kinda detected, it was showing on my network manager but not finding any networks. It was now listed in iwfconfig under the DISABLED flag (or something like that).
    In order to be as precise as I can regarding to what I did, I must say I tried to uninstall these drivers (make uninstall etc...), removing them from the modules list, though they popped in again on every reboot.
    So, at this point I started checking the logs and found out 3 things:
    1. On every system startup i had an Error regarding network devices not being able to raise or something like that.
    2. On the logs i had a halmac_init_hal failed error. But looking for that and trying out solutions didn't actually solve anything.
    3. I found an error regarding a firmware not being able to load. It was pointing to rtw88/rtw8822b_fw.bin

My final step was to copy the lwfinger firmware I already had in /lib/firmware/rtlwifi/rtl8822befw.bin to the address pointed by the error. The I did a reboot and the error from the startup was gone, but I still couldnt find any networks. Installing wicd did the final trick and everything is working (although if someone has any info about how to fix it in network manager would be great, as I dont want to use wicd unless its necessary or I know what's the real difference).

This, as you can see, is my first post, so I'm sorry if I'm missing any guidelines about proper formatting or whatever.

I was backed to 4.19 , , copy the images 5.2.0 to another folder . and grub-mkconfig to generate the new grub .
    I found that , this problem not only happen in kali , but also in ubuntu which use linux kernel 5.2.0 . it
    couldnt find any networks.