I have a very technical background and am fairly fluent in networking in general and Windows & Mac OS from 2000 to present. I decided I wanted a new challenge so have been learning Kali/Debian in stages for the past couple of years. I can figure most things out by searching + trial and error but I've been trying to do something specific for the past couple of weeks and cannot seem to get it quite right!

I'm in a hotel for the next month and want to "bridge" one of the available wifi networks to an ethernet port to provide hardwired connectivity to my network via a Kali box. I can do it in Windows and MacOS all day long but so far have not quite figured out how to make it work with the current release of Kali, I understand that brutils does not natively support true "bridging" between wifi and ethernet (in station mode). I've tried following several write ups but am about to pull what hair I have left out trying to make this work! I think at this point I've read so much that I've thoroughly confused myself so hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

My Kali box has 2 ethernet ports and I'm using an Alfa AWUS036NHA USB adapter for wifi connectivity (I also have the Alfa Realtek USB adapter if that chipset/driver combination offers any advantages over the Atheros). It doesn't necessarily need to do DHCP as it's only connecting to one device - the WAN Port of my Ubiquiti USG Pro 4 router. Everything else will connect through one of the LAN ports on the router so I think if I can get bi-directional traffic between wlan0 and eth1 I should be in business.

I was going to attach a picture of my current network but it won't let me most likely because I'm new to the forums. I gather that will change after I've posted a few times... Currently I'm using an iMac to grab the fastest wifi access point I can find and route it out the Ethernet port which is connected to WAN1 of my router. I didn't think it would be that difficult a thing to replicate in Kali but so far it's kicking my ***!!

I've found several informative posts including a couple that appear to lay it out step-by-step from start to finish but I must be getting lost somewhere in the middle 'cuz the end result hasn't worked yet. I've also already been on this about 12 hours today so am not sure I could coherently write everything I've tried until I get some rest. In the meantime I'd greatly appreciate any and all assistance in getting this figured out!!

Thanks in advance!

BB