I had a dual-boot Mac/Kali. When I updated from 2019.2 to 2019.3 I got a white box covering the background image. The white background/whatever this is also persisted for the menu drop-downs for both [Applications] and the [Top-Right Arrow]. If I clicked the [Top-Right Arrow] multiple times the white would go back to normal dark-grey for the drop-list. This trick does not work for the [Applications] menu and the white bleeds out the white text list. I tried fixing this by reinstalling the GRUB loader but I ended up hosing my Mac boot ability.

This morning I reinstalled Kali using 2019.3 and decided to go full disk install (no more dual-boot) which I am cool with and do not need to go back to this, at least at this time. However the same white box is persisting. I can get rid of the white box over desktop background by changing it to a solid color. However the white persists for the drop-menus. I thought this was a video driver issue at first but I do not think it is at all. I can open and run programs just fine. It is just this freakish white box that appears when any desktop background image is selected. (Tried selecting other desktop background images and the white box persists). In screenshots below you can see where the white box ends nearly 1/2" from bottom of screen so its not quite 100% fill.

Additionally, When the screen locks out I am unable to use mousepad to swipe up to open login option to get back into system.

My Hardware is a mid 2015 MacBook Pro. No longer any dual-boot (due to trouble-shooting the issue) and is now straight 100% Kali.

5.jpg4.jpg3.jpg1.jpg2.jpg

Please help.