Thread: trouble installing the ova

Angry trouble installing the ova

Failed to import appliance D:/virtualbox/kali linux/kali-linux-2019.3-vbox-amd64.ova.
    Result Code: E_INVALIDARG (0x80070057)

This is the current error I get thrown at. watched other youtube videos and things of the nature, but cannot seem to solve the issue at hand.

I am running Oracle VM virtualbox manager on a windows 10 and am trying to import a kali linux 2019.3 into it.

Please what are the settings you use?

Quote Originally Posted by bigbiz View Post
    Please what are the settings you use?
    I am saving the VM to my D: drive, I am importing hard drives as VDI, and my mac address policy is : Include only NAT network adapter MAC addresses

I use default settings 2 cpu, 2048mb ram, import vdi, include any nat network adapter mac address, and im placing it in my D: drive which has 440GB space left. The hard drives is working fine.(including statement due to reading somewhere that it was the problem for the issue). I tried unzipping with 7zip and using the ovf file, it doesnt work as well.

Quote Originally Posted by kwonman View Post
    I use default settings 2 cpu, 2048mb ram, import vdi, include any nat network adapter mac address, and im placing it in my D: drive which has 440GB space left. The hard drives is working fine.(including statement due to reading somewhere that it was the problem for the issue). I tried unzipping with 7zip and using the ovf file, it doesnt work as well.
    Os linux?
    type debian 64bit?
    Yes itll have to be unzipped first. Then u may have to configure the path to file again.
    easy to start; hard to finish

I'm having the exact same problem, Windows 10 64 bit. The .ova refuses to install, same exact error code. I've googled to no avail, nothing I tried has worked. One article mentioned removed a registry entry, but it's not there in my registry.

I'm thinking the only way is to re-install windows 10.

I am getting the same error while trying to import .ova file in Oracle Virtual Manager. Please advise.. I am installing it on a Windows 10 machine.

Result Code: E_INVALIDARG (0x80070057)