Thread: The Kali Linux in VMware Player is not booting after Java SE Development Kit 8u221 installation.

Exclamation The Kali Linux in VMware Player is not booting after Java SE Development Kit 8u221 installation.

Host machine: Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS
    Software: VMware Player
    Problem OS: Kali Linux & Kali Linux VMware (Both 32-bit)
    Java version: Java SE Development Kit 8u221
    Java Installation website: https://www.vultr.com/docs/how-to-ma...n-ubuntu-16-04

I installed java on both the VMware image of Kali and also the manual installation of Kali using ISO on VMware Player with Ubuntu as host machine (wanted oracle java for Android Studio on Kali).
    In both cases, the OS got stuck on the login loop after reboot/boot of the system.
    I have also installed this java in the host machine and there is no problem in booting. Initially I thought that auto login would solve the problem as the host machine has auto login enabled. But it did not work on Kali (auto login worked but after java installation the same problem surfaced).
    I cannot experiment installing Kali on the machine directly due to resource limitation. I want to know if there is a problem with Kali or VMware.

Any help would be appreciated.

the problem is in VMware Player.

So it is solved?

Nope, I'm just not gonna shutdown/reboot the os till my work is complete in VMware and then delete the saved machine.