Thread: AMD gpu drivers and opencl.

AMD gpu drivers and opencl.

Has anyone figure out how to install AMD gpu rx 560 drivers and opencl in Kali Linux 2019.03 ? I have been trying for weeks, here is my system info.
    Architecture: x86_64
    CPU op-mode(s): 32-bit, 64-bit
    Byte Order: Little Endian
    Address sizes: 36 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
    CPU(s): 4
    On-line CPU(s) list: 0-3
    Thread(s) per core: 1
    Core(s) per socket: 4
    Socket(s): 1
    NUMA node(s): 1
    Vendor ID: GenuineIntel
    CPU family: 6
    Model: 58
    Model name: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3470 CPU @ 3.20GHz
    Stepping: 9
    CPU MHz: 1596.448
    CPU max MHz: 3600.0000
    CPU min MHz: 1600.0000
    BogoMIPS: 6385.55
    Virtualization: VT-x
    L1d cache: 128 KiB
    L1i cache: 128 KiB
    L2 cache: 1 MiB
    L3 cache: 6 MiB
    NUMA node0 CPU(s): 0-3

What part failed? Installing the drivers or installing opencl?

We'll need more details to help. Like commands tried, error messages, and so on.

Man sorry it took so long to reply hope your still interested. The GPU drivers AMD they wont install I tried being slick and added Kali to the Ubuntu drivers. That didn't work it installed part of it and then kicked out an error saying the drivers had no candidates and not compatible. I did get it to run though. I have updated my system since I was on here last, I now have a i7 3700 Kali is on a Seagate Barracuda 500 GB I also have a 2 TB Seagate Firecuda Gaming Hybrid and a Hitachi whatever it was that came with the computer for back up it 1 TB and an HDD plus 24 GB Corsair Vengance RAM if any of that matters. I got the AMD SDK yesterday but unless I can install the drivers I'm SOL. Still using the same AMD GPU. Rocm doesn't work I think it is because of Polaris in the GPU it's Polaris 21 and from what I understand it's incompatible. Rocm just doesn't install it does most of the way then errors and can't find things plus broken packages, I would be more specific but I was to stupid to copy them and this is a clean install, when I tried to add fglrx I don't know what happened it crashed Kali and I couldn't get her running again tried it again same thing two installs one day. I think if my research is correct if I could just get the driver installed then the SDK and it should be problem solved. I really hope you get this and like I said sorry I've been fighting this thing so hard and posting so many places I forgot about this one till tonight.I'm dieing for some help with this. Today I almost tried to see if the computer could fly off my third floor balcony. If I can't get this problem fixed soon it had better learn to. Thank you in advance for any help I need it.

If you can't give me any error message, there is nothing I can do to help you. Good luck.

Next time, please use paragraphs, reading such a big block of text is not fun.