So as the title states I am using Kali on a spare board I have that's been sat doing nothing for about a year, and I thought I would put it to good use with an Official Raspberry Pi Screen.

So far so good, so Kali is installed and it's been full updated and the kali-linux-full metapackage is installed, and it's working so it seems.

However the date and time are wrong at every boot, the Raspberry Pi 2 has no on-board wifi so I am using an Edimax ew-7811un external dongle, this is working fine it connects me to my network and I can use the internet. But I can only assume that this device wifi is being brought up too late for the date/time to be updated via ntp.

I know that Raspbian has the raspi-config package and in that there is an option to wait for network before boot, but am unsure what or how it does that to make the necessary manual changes myself to the Kali image and it's files.

Would anyone possibly have any advice as to what I could do so that the date is correct when I boot my pi each time?