Hello, People of This Forum.

I am quite new to the whole Linux and Pentesting Community and all my education has been self taught as of recently.

I bought a Alfa Usb Wifi adapter (AWUS036ACS) last month that has the Realtek rtl8811au chipset, which was said to work on kali linux and any other pen testing OS's for the use of it's monitor mode and packet injection. I am running the newest version of Kali linux.

I installed the drivers needed using sudo apt-get install dkms, sudo apt-get install realtek-rtl88xxau-dkms. I've tried using the wifi adapter with the kali linux large VM and also a dual boot install of kali linux alongside parrot os on my laptop. For my VM I have the extension package installed and have it set to usb 3.0, and when I insert the wifi adapter into the VM it doesnt show up on iwconfig.

When I do lsusb i get,
"Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
Bus 001 Device 004: ID 0bda:0811 Realtek Semiconductor Corp. 802.11ac WLAN Adapter
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 80ee:0021 VirtualBox USB Tablet
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub".

When I plug in the adapter into my Kali Laptop, it shows the device under wifi but doesn't connect giving me an error of "connection failed, Activation of network connection failed".
But if I do iwconfig I get,
"wlan1 IEEE 802.11 ESSID:"5G" Mode:Managed Frequency:5.18 GHz Access Point: BE:4D........ Tx-Power=18 dBm Retry short limit:7 RTS thr:off Fragment thr:off Encryption key:off Power Management:off"

With it being up, I thought to check airmon-ng if the adapter showed and if I could use it in anyway. So for airmon-ng I get "phy1 wlan1 88XXau Realtek Semiconductor Corp. 802.11ac Wlan Adapter" I do also have a PCI wifi card inbuilt on my laptop that shows up on airmon-ng as "phy0 wlan0 iwlwifi Intel Corporation Wireless 7265 (rev 59)"

After this I did airmon-ng check, then airmon-ng check kill, and then airmon-ng start wlan1, and get this for iwconfig, "wlan1 IEEE 802.11 ESSID:"5G" Mode:Monitor Frequency:5.18 GHz Access Point: BE:4D........ Tx-Power=18 dBm Retry short limit:7 RTS thr:off Fragment thr:off Encryption key:off Power Management:off"

And further can use airodump-ng wlan1 to scan networks on the laptop.

Now I haven't tested the adapter with packet injection, and I know this is long winded but I want to know if the wlan1 not showing up as wlan1mon, after enabling monitor mode, shows a sign of any problems, also what is happening with the Activation of network connection failed, because it doesn't let me connect to the frequency I select, and why the driver isnt being shown under iwconfig in the VM, and if this adapter would pose a threat to me learning how to wifi pentest.

I have also tried service network-manager restart to see if it helps resolve the connectivity issue but seems not.

If there's any more information you need to help resolve this, I would be pleased to supply it.
Thank you for taking the time in advance.