Hello,

This is my first post here so bare with me, I looked through tons of solutions online and through this forum as well, I'm here as a last resort option.

I recently downloaded the 2019.3 iso of kali linux, and created a DD boot drive usb. I went to install, and everything went through smoothly apart from a single error saying that there are missing non-free .dat files. After installation, I successfully booted into the system, and entered in the username "root" and the password i set during installation. Then, after pressing enter, all buttons dissappear leaving only the backdrop for the login screen and then it just freezes there.

Ive looked online for quite a while for solutions, to no avail. Opening tty2 allows me to login with no issues, I cannot run apt-get as it does not connect to the wifi network and im not sure how to connect it through command-line. Anyway, after a short period of being on tty2 a large mass of text is outputted with no prompt on my end. Here are the first few lines of the output:

nouveau 0000:01:00.0: DRM: failed to idle channel 1 [DRM]
BUG: unable to handle page fault for address: ffffb37b3bb55100
#PF: supervisor write access in kernel mode
#PF: error_code(0x0002) - not present page

(I have a photograph of the entire output if that is required, please let me know.)

Assuming that this was a nouveau issue, I followed an online solution stating during boot menu to add this line at the end:

nouveau.setmode=0

Still however, the output persists in tty2.

And logging in normally using the bootup command caused my screen to go black, but did not turn off and simply stayed stuck in that state indefinetly.

System specifications:
Intel core I5-8300H
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050Ti
8GB DDR4 ram @2667MHz

I do have a dual boot system, including windows 10 as my other operating system.

I will be happy to provide any more information, thank you for your assistance.