Thread: No networks detected

No networks detected

Hi guys I'm new to this stuff. I just want to ask if I need to buy a wireless adaptor to detect wifi networks or can I use my wlan0 for monitoring? I'm currently using Lazy Script right now but doesnt let me do handshake or anything because I cant detect any wifi networks.

Are you getting wifi networks without lazy script ? Can you sign on normally ? As long as its working you should find something.
    My laptops internal intel adapter works so there goes the you have to buy a special adaptor theory **** my desktop adapter is some cheap piece of five dollar **** it works too but doesnt have range.
    First getting the handshake is a minute part of the big picture just because you have it doesnt mean you'll ever get the password.
    Match all your commands to mine exactly the case special symbols spacing everything it all means something.
    The mac ,channels and what you want to name your file and where to put it is up to you.
    Open a terminal type airmon-ng it will show your adapter wlan0 wlan1 got it. Ok
    Now pick your adapter and type airmon-ng start wlan0 or whatever yours is called. Now it's in monitor mode.
    Type airodump-ng then your adapter name.
    airodump-ng wlan0mon
    You should see all the networks around you pick one.
    Type airodump-ng -c the channel --bssid the mac address -w /where/to/put.it wlan0mon
    So it makes sense.
    Airodump-ng -c 11 --bssid 00:00:00:00:00:00 -w root/Documents/ capture wlan0mon
    Leave that terminal open and open another type
    aireplay-ng -0 -0 -a bssid wlan0mon
    The bssid changes to the -a that's the target mac there is not a channel that's one of the reasons why you leave airodump-ng open so it will associate.
    The 0 by itself is death packets. Not -0 you have to put the -0 the other 0 you can change.
    The other 0 means the packets wont stop until you stop them set that at whatever you want but remember you need the target to reconnect so you can get the handshake. 10 or 20 usually does the trick.
    You can also just deauth a device by its mac but I'm just keeping it simple for you.
    Screw them anyway knock them all off who cares.
    That's not advice I'm sure there are situations where you dont want to but I'm a ***** I like making people miserable.
    Now if your lucky on your airodump-ng terminal you should see a handshake upper right hand corner. You might not get it the first time and you wont get it if theres no one to sign back on or if your to far away.
    Close airodump-ng
    In another terminal or one of the ones you have open to use an open one ctrl and c stops whatever process that's running.
    Now type.
    airmon-ng stop wlan0mon
    Then
    systemctl restart NetworkManager.service
    Your wifi will be back up.
    If all that succeeds you have monitor and injection if not your sol go buy a panda or Alfa adaptor it doesnt matter which I have both they have the same chip that's about all there is to that.
    Before you do any of that Google search change mac address with macchanger kali linux. I would be willing to bet you weren't doing that and that's not good.
    Google search change my TX kali linux that will raise the power on your wifi adapter.
    Last thing just because you have the handshake that doesnt in any way shape or form mean you will get the password. If it's in your list you will if it's not your Sol and bruteforceing well Jesus could return and the stars could die out before that happens. I'm saying it twice so your not disappointed when you have fifty handshakes and no passwords sometimes it just doesnt happen. This is the real world things dont work just because you want them to.
    A GPU with hashcat or John the ripper can speed things up but make sure you do a lot of research first those programs in my opinion are hit or miss as to weather or not they will work with a card or not.
    Check list in order.
    Raise tx
    Change your mac
    Airmon-ng
    Airodump-ng
    Aireplay-ng
    Airmon-ng stop wlan0mon or whatever
    systemctl restart NetworkManager.service
    One last time change your mac.
    Also changeing that doesnt change your ip so dont go playing games on line you dont want the feds knocking on your door. Yes feds.
    Go have fun.