Thread: Configrure the network Kali linux 2019 installion.

Configrure the network Kali linux 2019 installion.

I'm trying to install Kali from a USB, and everything seems fine until you try to get to the point of inputting your hostname.
    Everything is fine; The language selection and other stuff like CD-ROM works fine, the interfaces get probed and I always choose wlan0 as I don't have Ethernet. It's just when I connect to my wifi that it happens: I connect to the wifi with the password and it seems fine until it completes the DCHP Autoconfiguration. It stays blank, I can still move the mouse and everything, but, there's a blank screen: The Kali logo is still there, the Configure the network tag is also there.

Apart from that the rest is blank, no buttons no prompt.

Skip that for the installation, it's not really needed. You can just connect afterward and run 'apt update && apt dist-upgrade' to take care of that.

Make sure to select "Use a network mirror even though you're not connected.

Try moving along, use a debugger on yourself? I am not one to fix technical issues like that but it may help you after having read some of this stuff. I read somewhere you could get a friend to pen test your machine.

Quote Originally Posted by seid14 View Post
    I'm trying to install Kali from a USB, and everything seems fine until you try to get to the point of inputting your hostname.
    Everything is fine; The language selection and other stuff like CD-ROM works fine, the interfaces get probed and I always choose wlan0 as I don't have Ethernet. It's just when I connect to my wifi that it happens: I connect to the wifi with the password and it seems fine until it completes the DCHP Autoconfiguration. It stays blank, I can still move the mouse and everything, but, there's a blank screen: The Kali logo is still there, the Configure the network tag is also there.

Apart from that the rest is blank, no buttons no prompt.
    I'm having the exact same problem and there is no way to skip it as far as I can tell. I've tried regular install advanced options graphic install and neither worked. It got stuck at configure network exactly as you describe. If you find a solution please let me know.

I've run into the same issue just today with Kali rolling and have seem similar issues before. My fix was to skip DHCP config (disconnect network cable or set your VM to no network, as your case may be), then after you get a message about DHCP failing go ahead and select the option to configure the network manually. If you configure the network manually you will not run into the lockup issue. This seems to only be an install issue. Once you have the system installed it is perfectly fine to go back to using DHCP. Hope this helps.