Thread: Wireless Network Adapter

Wireless Network Adapter

Hello guys,

I have installed Kali Linux, but I can not solve this problem.

I went a bought a wireless wifi adapter today. Nothing too fancy just a simple USB. However, whenever i connect to Kali Linux and type ifconfig i can see that wlan0 shows up and also what wifi i want to connect to. The problem I am having is whenever i try to run any wifi programs such as wifinet, airmon, airodump, and etc, It does not work and sometimes says you have to be in monitor mode. I am new to pen testing and would really like to get into it. I would be of great help if anyone could help me solve what i think is a problem.

Thank you for your time

Open a terminal type airmon-ng that will show you your wifi cards and their names wlan0 wlan1 whatever.
    To put one into monitor let's say its wlan0 type airmon-ng start wlan0 and it will change the name to wlan0mon. Now type airodump-ng wlan0mon and you'll see all the networks. To stop monitor press ctrl c then type airmon-ng stop wlan0mon. To get your wifi back type systemctl restart NetworkManager.service just like I have it caps and all. You didnt say what adapter you bought so it might not work like you want it to Alfa and Panda are going to do it but you dont know until you try. My laptops built in card an Intel does it all. Also look up change TX kali linux and follow one of those guides they tell you how to boost you adapter to get the most and look up macchanger dont go plugging away at routers and deauthing stuff and all that with your mac address. If someone complains and on the very very very remote chance that a cable company employee gets ambitious or a cop sits down their donut that's how you'll get caught. As far as online stuff I would stay away from that till you know how to hide.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Robertde12e View Post
    Open a terminal type airmon-ng that will show you your wifi cards and their names wlan0 wlan1 whatever.
    To put one into monitor let's say its wlan0 type airmon-ng start wlan0 and it will change the name to wlan0mon.
    Hey man, thanks for the quick reply,

When i type in airmon-ng start wlan0 , it does not put it in monitor mode. The PHY says null. The adapter i'm using is TL-WN725N(https://www.tp-link.com/us/home-netw...ter/tl-wn725n/). I also try doing airmon-ng check kill, but still nothing. Is it because of the adapter or its something else.

Thank you again

I don't think the TL-WN725N supports monitor mode.

I don't know about TL-WN725N, I managed to put my TL-WN722N v2.0 in monitor mode with kernel 5.2.0. When offensive security released kali kernel 5.3.0 and I installed it in my virtual box, I couldn't set monitor mode anymore on my adapter. You could try setting it in kernel 5.2.0 if you are using 5.3.0 atm, but I m not 100% sure that will solve your problem.

Wireless adapter not detected

I am new to this stuff,Today i installed kali linux in my hp laptop after that my laptop is not detected wifi adapter i am not able to connect to the wifi.I searched in google and youtube saw something related to this stuff to resolve this issue.
    I try this command
    service network-manager restart
    nmcli networking on