Thread: Almost everything disappeared.

Almost everything disappeared.

I'm using Kali 2019.4 I love it. Ok went to bed last night my desktop was intact. I'm running a process so I left the computer on. The only thing I did was update and upgrade then went to bed. This morning a few hours ago I woke up checked the computer and my favorites bar is gone the accessories tab at the top is gone the only thing left is the aces tab the process is still running its John The Ripper if that's important. Everything as far as I can tell is still on the computer. Does anyone have any idea how to get everything back. I tried what all I could find to get things back but theres not much on the subject, I tried restart. Theres no one here to mess with it while I was sleeping. I know everything was still there after the update I was still on it at that point. Everything was still there at the beginning of the upgrade. I saw it start is about all but everything was there. Any help would be greatly appreciated I have a lot to do with Kali today so I dont have the time to just reinstall it. Normally something small like that I would just reinstall rather than waste the time trying to fix it but like I said I really need it today. I can still use Kali it's just really annoying that I have to go through a process getting into file explorer or to create a new document. Well thank you in advance if you can help. Have a good day.

Never mind everything is back, no idea why. Didn't do anything to fix it and didn't update upgrade nothing went about my day walked away for an hour logged back in and everything was back.