Thread: Problem with booting Kali from USB

Problem with booting Kali from USB

Hello. I've been using Kali on a virtual machine for a while, and I've recently decided to start booting it live from a flash drive.
    I used this guide to boot Kali 2019.4.
    When I boot it I reach the first Kali screen, choose any mode and get this screen:
    https://imgur.com/AEzsfbM
    I tried booting it with rufus, and the same thing happens.
    This Kali ISO that I use is from the official Kali site, of course.
    And I use an ASUS laptop if it matters.

Use this guide.
    https://devanswers.co/guide-kali-lin...tence-windows/
    He gives two USB creator options use the Universal USB Installer not rufus.
    After you install the persistence he says reboot done. Nope, reboot like he says sign back in reboot again sign in now you have persistence. I dont know why you need two reboots but you do, not always but just do it if you dont it will let you update and install till your hearts content and when you reboot it's all gone. What are you going to do ? Reboot twice.

After reading online I don't think now it's a problem with the flash drive. It's because I have an Nvidia GPU.
    I'm adding nouveau.modeset=0 in the grub menu but it's only working some of the time. Any one know a permanent solution?

Same issue here, also have a ASUS laptop... It loaded in once and isn't working again now. Strange.

I also tried to replace "quiet splash" with "nomodeset" and it doesn't work as well.

Anyone here have an Nvidia GPU and uses Kali 2019.4 and can maybe assist? I'm really spending hours trying to get it to work.

Im also having this problem, I have a HP ENVY 15 laptop and I'm currently running Windows 10 and hoped to dual boot Kali on it. The file system of my PC is NTFS, ive heard linux doesn't like using it but my Live USB is using exfat and i created a partition on my laptop using a partition tool and set the file system on that partition to exfat as well and it still would get the same result of the black box within the loader as shown in Swisa's first post. If anyone has any ideas or solutions please reply.