Thread: Wireless usb adapter disconnecting and not working, but still connected in kali

Wireless usb adapter disconnecting and not working, but still connected in kali

Hey everyone! I've been having a problem for at couple of weeks now trying to google and figure out a solution, but nothing have seemed to work.

I have a Alfa AWUS036ACH which i have been trying to get to work correctly. After having setup kali on a VM (VirtualBox) and updated fully with

apt-get update
    apt-get upgrade
    apt-get install realtek-rtl88xxau-dkms

Kali finds the device and everything seems to work correctly. I have set it to monitor and airodump-ng and everything works fine.
    The problem is that after a while sometimes just 30 seconds of it being connected to kali i hear the windows disconnecting sound and airodump-ng and other commands doesn't work anymore.
    I can still see the device under ifconfig and iwconfig but anything that uses it doesn't work.

Attachment 3749

Attachment 3750
    This is the if/iwconfig beforce the disconnect and setting it to monitor mode.
    Attachment 3751
    Airodump-ng works fine before the disconnect aswell

Attachment 3752

Attachment 3754
    This is the my ifconfig after the disconnect and me trying the airodump-ng afterwards aswell.
    If i unplug and replug the adapter and set it to monitor mode again, it works for a while until it disconnects again.

I can still find the device under lsusb after the disconnect aswell.
    I'm hoping someone has an answer or a solution. I've tried reinstalling a fresh install of kali, aswell as making a manual filter under the VirtualBox settings instead of just choosing the usb device.
    Attached Images Attached Images