Thread: Kali is not detecting my network card. Dualbooting on a Lenovo flex 14 (amd).

Kali is not detecting my network card. Dualbooting on a Lenovo flex 14 (amd).

Hello! I have posted, but my post wasn't great and didn't contain very good information. I have an external wireless adapter (tp-link TL-WN722N ver. 1) connected to my laptop (lenovo flex 14 amd), and an internal Realtek 8822BE Wireless LAN 802.11ac PCI-E NIC wireless card. Upon installation kali is not detecting either of the network cards which in turn means I will not be able to connect to any network once I have successfully installed kali. I've dualbooted many times in the past on my desktop and previous laptop and have even used kali as my primary os in the past. I'm not really new to it, but I have never had this problem and I can't seem to find a solution. ALL responses and ANY ideas are very much appreciated!

Post has been remover by owner.
    Last edited by AParthenopaeus94; 2020-01-08 at 00:18. Reason: Messed up info

I have a similar problem in that, I cannot connect to WiFi. When I run ifconfig, it shows my eth0 interface, but it also shows a lo interface, or Local Loopback.

When I run airmon-ng, it returns blank results, but when I run lspci it shows my ethernet controller, a Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet controller (rev 15)

I am running Kali GNU/Linux Rolling 2019.3 on an HP Probook 650 G6 Dual booting with Windows 10 Insider Preview.

That's a wired Ethernet card as stated by "Gigabit Ethernet controller". Further research with exact chipset as (RTL8111, and others) confirms that as well (search one of them and click images or go to realtek website for details).