Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Oneplus 7 / 7T compatibility/advise

  1. #1
    Join Date
    2020-Jan
    Posts
    1

    Question Oneplus 7 / 7T compatibility/advise

    Hello!

    I see there's an image for the 7 Series of The Oneplus, does the image also works for the 7T or it has to be the 7 or the 7 pro specifically ?

    Apart from the phone is there something else a newbie should know ? Do you have any advise ?

    With thanks and regards,

  2. #2
    Join Date
    2020-Jan
    Posts
    15
    I am interested in reading the responses to C666PO as well.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    2015-Nov
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    313
    I’d recommend the OnePlus 7, followed by the OnePlus 7 Pro.

    I haven't tested the image on a 7T but it is unlikely to run.

    The OnePlus7 has by far the best price/performance ratio, has a very active development community, and has a fully working TWRP. The 7 Pro has identical support but is more expensive.
    The OnePlus 7T has marginally better performance but there is not much dev activity around it and there is no working TWRP available apart from a very early alpha with limited functionality.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    2020-Jan
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by re4son View Post
    I?d recommend the OnePlus 7, followed by the OnePlus 7 Pro.

    I haven't tested the image on a 7T but it is unlikely to run.

    The OnePlus7 has by far the best price/performance ratio, has a very active development community, and has a fully working TWRP. The 7 Pro has identical support but is more expensive.
    The OnePlus 7T has marginally better performance but there is not much dev activity around it and there is no working TWRP available apart from a very early alpha with limited functionality.
    Why would you suggest the OnePlus 7 beforte the OnePlus 7 Pro?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    2015-Nov
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    313
    Quote Originally Posted by didymus View Post
    Why would you suggest the OnePlus 7 beforte the OnePlus 7 Pro?
    Purely because of the price. The OP7 has the best price / performance ratio. If money is no issue then there is no reason not to get the OP7 Pro.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    2015-Nov
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    313
    Here are the top ten according to price/performance:

    Code:
    ____Device________|____Antutu_|_EUR_|_Score
    Realme X2 Pro__________482207___449___1047
    Oneplus 7______________466813___490___953
    Oneplus 7T_____________493298___559___882
    Oneplus 7 Pro__________472272___640___738
    Asus ROG Phone II______506832___695___729
    Apple iPhone 11________522170___737___709
    Oneplus 7T Pro_________491914___700___703
    Apple iPhone XS________457276___661___692
    Sams Galaxy Note 10____449894___740___608
    Apple iPhone XS Max____453089___830___546

  7. #7
    Join Date
    2020-Jan
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by re4son View Post
    Here are the top ten according to price/performance:

    Code:
    ____Device________|____Antutu_|_EUR_|_Score
    Realme X2 Pro__________482207___449___1047
    Oneplus 7______________466813___490___953
    Oneplus 7T_____________493298___559___882
    Oneplus 7 Pro__________472272___640___738
    Asus ROG Phone II______506832___695___729
    Apple iPhone 11________522170___737___709
    Oneplus 7T Pro_________491914___700___703
    Apple iPhone XS________457276___661___692
    Sams Galaxy Note 10____449894___740___608
    Apple iPhone XS Max____453089___830___546
    Is there any info online about installing NetHunter on the Realme X2 Pro? I can't find anything. I just want to make sure the phone I buy has all the NetHunter functionality. Thinking about Oneplus 7, but I think the Realme X2 Pro is actually cheaper new than a refurbished Oneplus 7.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    2020-Jan
    Posts
    15
    Do you think NetHunter will ever come to any of the following devices? Reason I ask is because I can get a new one for free and unlock it in 40 days.

    Samsung Galaxy A10e
    LG K40
    Motorola moto g7 power
    Motorola moto e6
    LG Aristo 4+

    Thanks again

  9. #9
    Join Date
    2015-Nov
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    313
    I'm sure we can get the Motorola G7 Power to work. You'll have to patch the kernel but I can give you a hand with that.

    Motorola moto g7 power = Possible. TWRP and kernel source available but needs someone to do it.
    Galaxy A10e = Maybe for the Exynos series.
    LG K40 = Unlikely. There's no TWRP available for this model yet
    Motorola moto e6 = Unlikely. There's no TWRP available for this model yet
    LG Aristo 4+ = No. only has 16GB storage. That's not enough for NetHunter. Plus I haven't seen any TWRP and root for it.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    2020-Jan
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by re4son View Post
    I'm sure we can get the Motorola G7 Power to work. You'll have to patch the kernel but I can give you a hand with that.

    Motorola moto g7 power = Possible. TWRP and kernel source available but needs someone to do it.
    Ok, that is something I could probably do, but I would need a little guidance because I am not 100% sure of exactly what to do. I am fairly certain I have done at least comparably technical tasks before. I am still not sure what device I will end up getting. I am still weighing my options. Which brings me to another question, where are the files for the Realme X2 Pro? I couldn't find them. Is the only limiting factor for what devices will work and which will not being existence of a TWRP and enough disk space? Thanks again. Your replies are extremely helpful and I sincerely appreciate them. Hopefully I can get my ducks in a row and participate in the NetHunter community soon.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    2015-Nov
    Posts
    5
    I have the Oneplus 7 Pro, and it is a great phone. It is definitely one of the most versatile phones out there. As soon as HID support is added to the nethunter kernel then it will be one of the best devices for a technician.
    My favorite thing about this phone is that it can do Display Port over it's USB C connector, so it easily hooks up to my 43" LG Monitor that have USB C video input making the KeX experience so much more perfect. Amazing phone for it's capabilities.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    2020-Jan
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyFoez View Post
    I have the Oneplus 7 Pro, and it is a great phone. It is definitely one of the most versatile phones out there. As soon as HID support is added to the nethunter kernel then it will be one of the best devices for a technician.
    My favorite thing about this phone is that it can do Display Port over it's USB C connector, so it easily hooks up to my 43" LG Monitor that have USB C video input making the KeX experience so much more perfect. Amazing phone for it's capabilities.
    That is actually really cool. I was unaware of that feature. Does the OnePlus 7 have it? I've tried looking it up to see, but I've found minimal reliable information about this feature for even the OnePlus 7 Pro.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    2019-Mar
    Posts
    2
    Hi
    I want to know if nethunter work on:
    OnePlus 7T pro Mclaren
    Thanks

  14. #14
    Join Date
    2020-Jan
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by re4son View Post
    I'm sure we can get the Motorola G7 Power to work. You'll have to patch the kernel but I can give you a hand with that.

    Motorola moto g7 power = Possible. TWRP and kernel source available but needs someone to do it.
    Galaxy A10e = Maybe for the Exynos series.
    LG K40 = Unlikely. There's no TWRP available for this model yet
    Motorola moto e6 = Unlikely. There's no TWRP available for this model yet
    LG Aristo 4+ = No. only has 16GB storage. That's not enough for NetHunter. Plus I haven't seen any TWRP and root for it.
    @re4son, is there a way I can message / email you? I signed up for the forum on your site, but I do not see any contact information. Had a couple of questions about what would be involved with getting Nethunter to work on a T-Mobile REVVLRY (Motorola Moto G7 Play). Beyond flashing the stock G7 Play firmware and having a working TWRP. If you have the time please email me. didymus_alpha at protonmail

  15. #15
    Join Date
    2015-Nov
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    313
    These forums are the best place to catch me.
    Do you have a link to the kernel sources for the REVVLRY?
    Last edited by re4son; 4 Weeks Ago at 10:25. Reason: fix missing space

  16. #16
    Join Date
    2020-Jan
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by re4son View Post
    These forums are the best place to catch me.
    Do you have a link to the kernel sources for the REVVLRY?
    https://github.com/MotorolaMobilityL...MI-PPY29.68-28
    Found from: https://forum.xda-developers.com/g7-...-code-t3933680

  17. #17
    Join Date
    2015-Nov
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    313
    Let me look into that.

    Have you installed NetHunter light already?

  18. #18
    Join Date
    2020-Jan
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by re4son View Post
    Let me look into that.

    Have you installed NetHunter light already?
    No. I am trying to determine how possible it is before I get the phone. The T-Mobile REVVLRY is just the best hardware I can get for "free" from T-Mobile. It's the Motorola Moto G7 Play with some bloatware. I will have to first flash the stock Moto G7 Play ROM. I remember you saying that basically it would be possible if there was a working TWRP, but I still wanted to run it by you before I pulled the trigger on the phone. The other phones I can choose from are the ones I posted in the list a few posts up in this thread.

    Obviously I do not expect it to be *for certain*, but I am trying to choose the one that has the *highest probability* of working out. I could be wrong, but I think the G7 Play is that one. I'm open to hearing what you think though, but I think you'd agree that is why I am looking more seriously into that specific device.

    I really wish I could afford a different phone, but I'd be willing to work on getting one of those up and running because then I could write it all up and other people would be able to get Nethunter going on one of the "free" T-Mobile phones.

    What do you think?

  19. #19
    Join Date
    2020-Jan
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by re4son View Post
    Let me look into that.

    Have you installed NetHunter light already?
    Hope I am not being too annoying, but I want to make sure you get the notification that I replied. I need to pull the trigger on this phone somewhat soon. I know I can get the T-Mobile REVVLRY to the state of the Moto G7 Play and there is a TWRP so I think it's possible. I just really want to hear your input first. I won't hold it against you if it doesn't work out, lol.

Similar Threads

  1. 9271L Compatibility?
    By Shweeee in forum General Archive
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 2017-01-21, 18:26
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2015-01-01, 19:39
  3. Compatibility.
    By skycrazy in forum NetHunter General Questions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 2014-09-26, 17:45

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •