Thread: Multiple attempts at installation on VirtualBox with different ISOs, still getting this problem....

Multiple attempts at installation on VirtualBox with different ISOs, still getting this problem....

I apologize if I make an error in the posting rules, I've tried to follow as best I can but this is my first time here.
    I've never in four years had any trouble like this with Kali Linux before.

I have tried using two different Live ISOs (One screenshot, the KDE iso is included here to demonstrate what is actually happening) as well as the OVA image. The ISOs boot fine Live, work normal and everything appears to go just peachy. It's only on the reboot that I get....this. At least on the KDE version I get this blank desktop, whereas with XFCE I get a brown screen that when I mouse over where icons SHOULD be, will darken as if they are there (i.e. they ARE there, it's working but somethings obviously not working).

I have attempted various things:
    Reinstalled Vbox twice. Run it both as root and user. Changed my drivers. Fiddled with every conceivable setting related to virtualization I could think of (which granted I am *NOT* an expert on virtualization), and tried different combinations of virtual hard drives, all present the same issue. I'm hoping this issue isn't unique to me.

PC specs.
    7th Gen I7
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 1060
    Host OS is Manjaro 18.1.5 (Oh yea, this works fine on my Windows 10 machine....which baffles me to no end)

I am able to run over VMs just fine as well, only Kali is presenting me with any issues.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sorry, I but I tried that already as I said in my original post....the OVA image

I have tried using two different Live ISOs (One screenshot, the KDE iso is included here to demonstrate what is actually happening) as well as the OVA image.

3. Not sure what to say, the ova works perfectly for me (arch linux host).

The ova gave me error at first. I deleted the ova file I had and redownloaded it again. And it worked.