I have installed Kali on an old Sony VAIO (single boot) which has a wireless adapter which supports monitor mode, I also have a Alfa AWUA036NHA adapter.
I am able to go into monitor mode and capture packets but some packets seem to be missing. My first problem is it is intermittent in getting the EAPOL handshakes, I have to keep reconnecting my tablets wifi until I get all 4. Once I get all 4 EAPOL packets in Wireshark I can decode the 802.11 but I know there are packets missing as there are receipts from packets which do not appear.
I have an old MAC mini which works well but is painfully slow and needs a monitor, that shows all packets.
I have take a capture file from my Sony and opened in the Mac and the packets are still missing. I have also taken a capture file from the Mac to the Sony and all the packets are being displayed so it is not a Wireshark problem.

I have also tried capturing with:-
airodump-ng -c9 -w capturefile -d xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx wlan0mon (xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx being the mac address of the router)
That also has missing packets.

I am new to Kali Linux and have spent a long time searching the internet and getting nowhere.
I suspect it is me being stupid and is a simple setting in Kali.

Any help greatly appreciated.