Thread: Problem with USB OTG and HackRF: Kali can't detect it

Problem with USB OTG and HackRF: Kali can't detect it

Hello guys,

I have this Nexus 5 with Nethunter on it, man it works great, but I'd like to control my HackRF board from the Kali shell and I simply can't do it.

The HackRF is detected by the Android system (I can use RFAnalyzer app, works great) but not by the Kali chroot. Note that if I plug in something else in the USB OTG, like an external wireless card, it DOES work as expected. So it's not an OTG issue.

I've installed the HackRF package with all libraries, however hackrf_info says there's no board connected and libraries version is unknown.

Am I missing something? I have to load some kind of module? Lsmod says there's no HackRF module, but I don't know if it should be so...

Any help is appreciated of course. Thank you everyone, you're the best community around.

Hello again,

I'm still having trouble with my HackRF on Kali NetHunter, and I can't figure out what's wrong.

Code:
    root@kali:/# hackrf_info
    hackrf_info version: unknown
    libhackrf version unknown (0.5)
    No HackRF boards found.
    root@kali:/#
    The board is still correctly recognized by the Android system and it does work from there, but I'd like to give it some commands through Kali too...

EDIT:

I forgot to say that even dmesg shows the connected board, with correct vendor, model, and serial number. Both firmware and package are updated to 01 2018. I'm out of ideas...
    Last edited by McJefferson; 2020-01-20 at 13:17.