Hi, my apologies if I am missing something obvious, but I think there is an issue with the creddump7 package in Kali2019.4 installation.

Just for background, the original creddump was removed from the repo back in October2019. Looks like creddump7 is the newer package.

The problem is that when run against a SYSTEM and SAM file combination from a Windows machine (have tested Windows 10 v1607+ with the newer style AES hashing, as well as very old school WinXP System/SAM) using the command
# /usr/share/creddump7/pwdump.py [path to system] [path to sam]

you get an long traceback error that ends with
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/Crypto/Cipher/blockalgo.py", line 141, in __init__
self._cipher = factory.new (key, *args, **hwargs)

Curiously, if I install creddump7 from github using # git clone https://github/com/Neohapsis/creddump7 and then running the newly installed repository version of pwdump, it executes with no issues.

In my checking, there are definitely differences between the kali version and the github one. The Kali version references python 3, whereas the repo one does not explicitly say python 3. It also appears there are changes in the library/framework files that pwdump calls.

pwdump error1.jpg