Thread: Error when booting kali for the first time

Error when booting kali for the first time

When i try to boot up kali for the first time, i get iwlwifi and noveau and a bunch of other errors, adding nomodeset removes some of them, and now it doesn't crash, but it still shows the errors:
    Code:
    iwlwifi: Firmware error during reconfiguration - reprobe!
    iwlwifi: FW error in SYNC CMD SCAN_CFG_CMD
    And then the screen flashes to:
    Code:
    iwlwifi: FW error in SYNC CMD SCAN_CFG_CMD
    iwlwifi: Firmware not running, cannot dump error
    And then back again, flashing between the two sets of errors forever. If i try to access tty, it shows on screen for a second, but is then replaced by the errors again. It seems like an error with iwlwifi shouldnt stop the os from booting right? When googling around it seems to be an issue with linux kernel 5.4, but again, shouldn't i still be able to boot the system? Can anyone help?

Possibly important note: it told me i needed a bunch of non-free wifi drivers during installation (iwlwifi-9000), but i decided to install them after booting up. I have tried reinstalling a number of times, and also tried providing the firmware via a usb during kali installation, but the firmware didn't seem to be detected on the usb. My wifi adapter is Intel(R) Wireless-AC Adapter 9462.

Just curious did you install using the 2020.1 build? It's a botched release.

3. Quote Originally Posted by micnorian14 View Post
    Just curious did you install using the 2020.1 build? It's a botched release.
    No, it is not. Please stop spreading FUD. After reading a few complaints on the forums I verified the iso on a laptop. It works perfectly.

All I am seeing is a couple people who really do not understand what they are doing blaming the iso for their own faults.