Thread: How should I configure a Linux machine to share internet connection with a W10 machine

How should I configure a Linux machine to share internet connection with a W10 machine

Hi, I'm trying to set up my malware lab.
    I have 2 laptops: on one I have installed Kali Linux, on the other one I have installed Windows 10.
    Both laptops have 1 ethernet port/NIC and one wireless interface.

I have also 1 physical network line to dedicate to this setup, with only one ethernet port. The idea I'm trying to implement is that the Linux machines will receive the internet connection through ethernet, and I want to share this connection with the Windows 10 machine 'somehow'.
    Also, I'll use a software -INETSIM, installed on the Linux machine- which will simulate a virtual network.

If I set up a hotspot with a DHCP, INETSIM won't work as it needs a static IP.
    If I set up the hotspot with a static IP, then the ethernet connection on the Linux machine won't work.

Can anybody suggest what route would be best in order to achieve my goal?
    Summarizing: I need to make a Windows 10 laptop receive the internet connection from a Linux machine through wireless using a static IP address.

You could set up Nat on linux with port forwarding. or you could take an easier route and use something like WiFiPumpkin. That would allow you to control what kind of access point you create on your kali and allow you to make a security key so only your windows can access the internet access point created. Note that while wifipumpkin is generally used for phishing attacks it does allow someone to set up a wireless access point through linux.