Thread: Raspberry pi 4 - can't detect 5GHz network

Raspberry pi 4 - can't detect 5GHz network

Hi All,

I have installed Kali on raspberry pi 4. Everything is working fine except one thing - Kali can't detect 5GHz wifi network (2.4GHz is working fine).
    I have tried from iwlist wlan0 scan and I couldn't detect 5GHz network even though the AP is sitting next to my raspberry.

I have compared it with Rasbian (no issues - I can connect to 5GHz network from the GUI) - ArchLinux based Manjaro and got the same problem (couldn't detect 5GHz wifi) - however installing crda package fix the issue as per dicussion on this thread (https://forum.manjaro.org/t/bug-rpi4...-wifi/117523/4)

On kali, crda has been installed and no matter what, I couldn't make it work.

Any tip that I can try to make Kali detect and connect to 5GHz 802.11AC network?
    I have change the country to SG, US, RU with no different (iw wlan0 channel showed 5GHz channel, but scan doesn't show any 5GHz SSID).

Thanks in advance

Raspberry pi 4 cant detect 5GHz network

I have a D-Link 890 router and I can't get the camera to detect the 5Ghz Wireless N network. I've tried all the basic troubleshooting steps. Resetting, static IP, Change channel but it won't detect. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Same issue here. I can't believe we are the only two. I have exhausted my search knowledge and I am working on teaching myself how to either compile my own wifi driver or re-compile the ARM kali kernal to include the proper dependencies and driver.... New to this so the learning curve is a little steep.

same issue here: I can't see 5ghz signals on my raspberry pi 4
    last Kali upgraded today 2020-05-15.
    Must be an issue with new version 2020.1

Raspberry pi 4 cant detect 5GHz network

hello . i have use faceniff and it works well when im not using https in my browser . however, nowadays facebook had automatically enable https and now faceniff cant detect any facebook account . i had try enable sslstrip and stealth on . no works . can anyone help me ? btw im using samsung galaxy s2 I9100G version

I am having the same issue. Has there been any fix for this?

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Hi All,

I have installed Kali on raspberry pi 4. Everything is working fine except one thing - Kali can't detect 5GHz wifi network (2.4GHz is working fine).
    I have tried from iwlist wlan0 scan and I couldn't detect 5GHz network even though the AP is sitting next to my raspberry.

I have compared it with Rasbian (no issues - I can connect to 5GHz network from the GUI) - ArchLinux based Manjaro and got the same problem (couldn't detect 5GHz wifi) - however installing crda package fix the issue as per dicussion on this thread (https://forum.manjaro.org/t/bug-rpi4...-wifi/117523/4)

On kali, crda has been installed and no matter what, I couldn't make it work.

Any tip that I can try to make Kali detect and connect to 5GHz 802.11AC network?
    I have change the country to SG, US, RU with no different (iw wlan0 channel showed 5GHz channel, but scan doesn't show any 5GHz SSID).

Thanks in advance
    I have this same problem. Unable to connect to the 5G spectrum on the router. Any fix?