Hello all,

First my apologies if this topic has been discussed. I did try searching but came up empty.

I have a Kali 2019/4 ARM installation for a Raspberry PI 4 that uses a TP-Link TL-WN722N WiFi dongle. When it's all up and running, keystrokes are dropped or repeat. Originally I had a Logitech wireless keyboard/mouse and blamed those devices, but I replaced them with a plain-vanilla wired keyboard and mouse only to find that the problem continued. I removed the TP-Link WiFi dongle and the problem cleared up instantly. Upon plugging the WiFi dongle back in, the problem of dropped/repeating keystrokes returned immediately. I tested the USB ports themselves, exchanging the dongle to and from a USB 3 port and doing the same with the keyboard and mouse - none of which altered the behavior. I also used a USB extension cable to move the TP-Link away from the PI but that did nothing to alleviate the problem. Other equipment includes a plastic case and a Pimoroni FanShim but I don't think that creates or adds to the problem. Any point in the right direction would be helpful. Thanks in advance for your time!