Thread: Dualscreen with HP Dock G5

Dualscreen with HP Dock G5

Hello,

i am using a HP ProBook 650 G5 and the HP Dock G5 with a dualboot with Win10 and the latest Kali. I want to mirror the screen over the displayport connections on the G5 dock. On windows everything works proper, but on kali the screen doesnt get detected.
    Is there any solution to get this setup work?

Sincerely,
    Nicht

I cant answer your question but since I have a similar problem and my posting doesnt even get published here for some reason, I add it to yours.

I have a HP Elitebook 8540w, docking station included and with the "latest" Kali version. First off, the installation seems weird, you dont get asked for any root account or password as pointed out by others already, so no idea what kind of release that is but perhaps thats why the mirroring or extension to an external screen also doesnt really work. The screen is detected, fine, and I can have my Laptop screen as primary display and external as second but my external is to the LEFT and there is no way to adjust it, i can only have it working on the right side, the settings look like Windows where you can drag your screen where you want but just the LEFT side is active .. is this normal? Do I need a workaround for this circus?