I have been using Kali for years. It works great on my MacBook Air and desktop PC. I tried it on a 2015 MacBook Pro (retina screen) and the default high resolution screen it boots in is unusable (2880 x 1800. It's hard to describe, much of the screen or active window is "blank"/white (ie on a webpage you don't see the text or images there at first, but when you move your mouse around, it will reveal parts of the screen under the mouse, but it never will show the full display cleanly. It might display 60% of the data on the screen correctly.

If I change to a lower resolution like 1440 x 900, everything works fine, but obviously this is not ideal. The 2015 MBP is an extremely common laptop, so I was surprised there were no threads addressing this specific problem. I am booting Kali Linux 64 bit live 2010.1 (it appears the installer versions were updated to 2020.1a but the live version is still 2020.1) on a plain vanilla MBP with Intel UHD graphics 630. Is there any solution, besides using half res screen resolutions?