Thread: Pineapple connector?

Pineapple connector?

As before, I have a OnePlus1, LineageOS 16. I just wiped the device via TWRP, and reloaded LineageOS, etc. and recreated a new NetHunter installer as of last night. I setup the phone and installed the new NetHunter.

Brand new WiFi Pineapple Nano. I have a portable charger connected to the Power connector of the 3-way splitter that came with the Pineapple, and a USB OTG cable between the data port on said cable, and the OnePlus1.

i let the Pineapple fully boot up, and then run the pineapple connector function of the NetHunter app and start it up. A web browser then opens, but never loads anything. If I try to go to the usual Pineapple IP address and port, it times out. If I go to a NetHunter terminal, and run ifconfig, there are no new interfaces.

Is this a work in progress, or am I doing something incorrectly?

No matter what I do, there is never an eth0 device in NetHunter. It doesn't matter if the Pineapple is connected or not, or if I connect it with an OTG cable and the 3-way splitter, or with a USB Type A to Micro-B from the phone the the USB A female port on the Pineapple. What is going on??

Do you get an RNDIS interface when you turn on USB tethering in your Android settings?

Odd. Prior to you asking this, I had never tried USB tethering, since there is no SIM card installed. I just plugged in my OP1 to my laptop and enabled USB tethering. Device Manager shows a new HID keyboard attached. Very Strange.

No RNDIS connection, however.

Ok, now I have RNDIS! After my previous post, I noticed I had a Kernel installer for my OP1 stashed on my laptop. I just flashed it. Ka'pla!
    Going to grab my pineapple now, and see if that fixes it.

Here's to hoping!

Nope, Pineapple Connector still doesn't connect.
    Regarding the kernel: I don't know from whence I downloaded it, but it appears to be from around the same time as the LineageOS file that I am using. (07/07/2019), built by the guy who's name I can't ever remember or pronounce. Starts with yx or something.

Anyone know why this isn't working?
    Oh, BTW, the kernel I installed was made by yesimxev, on 07/01/2019 - not what I posted last time.

@re4son, is this normal behavior

Update: I was running NetHunter Lite on a Pixel 2 for comparison, and noticed that it is using NetHunter 2020.1, whereas my OnePlus1 is using NetHunter 2020.2 RC3. It is not my intention to run any betas, so why is the stable build from Gitlabs giving me Release Candidates?
    Last edited by aaronouthier; 2020-03-25 at 03:51. Reason: Stupid Autocorrect!!

Let me look into that. Does the pinapple work with the Android app that came with it?

2020.3-rc3 is offered in the NetHunter store as the current stable. The name has been picked because it's a milestone release on the path to 2020.2.
    Having said that, still be a bit careful with what's in gitlab. Stable releases are the ones on our download page.
    Gitlab contains the code that is most commonly used by the developers and you want to double check that it meets your requirements. We make sure that the master branch is stable but you still want to have a look at the config before you generate images.

Quote Originally Posted by re4son View Post
    Let me look into that. Does the pinapple work with the Android app that came with it?
    I'm not sure to what app you are referring?

Ok, I just looked at the documentation on hak5.org, and they reference an android app. However, that item that no longer exists on the Play Store.

It's really weird, you can't find it through the playstore app but it's there.
    I googled for it in a browser on my android device and got this:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...onnector&hl=en

after clicking on it I selected "open with playstore" and there it was.
    Hope that works for you too

We're sorry, the requested URL was not found on this server.

I posted a request for help on the Hak5 Forums. Developer "Foxtrot" says they pulled the app "almost a month ago", as they were having trouble maintaining compatibility with the myriad of different android devices. Go figure. The app is apparently available at various 3rd-party sites, but I don't think I really trust no-name sites.

Oh, ok. I must be able to see it because it's installed on one of my devices. Once I login as a different user it gives me the same error message that you got.

Working on a few kernels at the moment but I'll dig into it once they are done.

Ok, I got it working!
    I needed to not only have a NetHunter compatible kernel, but I also needed to be using the Pineapple's Y-adapter and a USB2go cable. I had originally tried the USB2Go and the Y-adapter, but not with the kernel installed at the same time.

Glad it's working and thanks for sharing the solution