Hi, I have purchased a Dell XPS 13 7390 Developer Edition, which came with Ubuntu. It had two screen issues, which I thought were the same. Basically, I would get flickering/distortion, as seen below in the YouTube video I linked. Funny enough, it was two seperate issues, because according to my research, Dell is shipping these devices with a Ubuntu version that has this issue with the screen, at least on these devices, but the flickering would also be triggered/worse when adjusting the screen, which means it was also a hardware issue. Upon getting a brand new replacement from Dell, while booting up, I was happy to notice there was no flickering whatsoever, however, once I got to the login screen, the flickering would start, and would get worse after logging in. I cleaned the drive and installed Windows 10, and the problem went away. It worked brilliantly in Windows 10, as it's supposed to. Now, I have tried dual booting it with Kali. I downloaded the latest version of Kali Live, and installed it alongside Windows 10, however, I still have the same issue as in the YouTube video, which is incredibly annoying. I'm not new to Linux, but I haven't used it enough to understand a lot of its things, so, if anyone was kind enough to help me sort this out, I would be very grateful. I bought this laptop with Linux out of the box, as it should have all the drivers and software from Dell to make the Linux experience smoother, and I could actually get into it, and learn something, but with this issue, I can't.

Many thanks,
Bruno

YouTube video: https://www.***********************PwaBATDK9Lw