Hi, so I have used Ubuntu for years and just started learning to use Kali?s tools maybe a few months ago. I royally screwed up my machine trying to just go from Ubuntu entire disk partition to two separate partitions one for windows and the other Kali. Well I succeeded but was forced to wipe my partitions knowing I could just reinstall. First I can?t find my windows install disk, and the 3 Kali install disks I made don?t seem to work. Please tell me if u have any idea on how to resolve this problem. Here?s what I?m working with:
All 3 Kali install disks open the first initial setup window on boot. None of them allow me to do graphical/or even regular install giving error that disk cannot be read or something. I found that with one of the disks I can boot and make it to the desktop if I select to run Live. I figured from there I could at least get a new iso and burn to usb or cd... well after logging into Kali only maybe 1/3 tools are there. I can?t update/upgrade apt (or install from repositories) because I get an error. I managed to get an ubuntu iso downloaded on the machine but with no mounting software or burning software I don?t know how to utilize it.
If I could fix sources list for apt I?m sure I could handle it. Should I mount the Ubuntu iso using the command prompt? Will that allow me to install it? Here is what my sources list (located /etc/apt/) says: (2 lines) a deb and and src both followed by Kali url and main contrib something or another... is there a way to go into Kali live, fix my sources list and then have access to update os and get all the tools? I know I sound resiculously stupid but I have been trying to figure this out forever. Oh also I have NO access to another pc to crest a bootable usb or disk (why the hastle). Almost forgot to mention that. Thanks in advance for any help