Thread: Kismet doesn't show anything

Unhappy Kismet doesn't show anything

Hello, i am a newbie, i used kali linux on vmware (with my aw036ach on monitor mode) to view all mac adress from a small range. Now i try to put this on a raspberry pie 4, using same network adapter and sticky finger kali, i could install all i needed like kismet and network adapter, i used airmon-ng check kill (network adapter on moniton mode) and on html page no data is showing me like wifi acces point or mac or anything. On terminal i have the following info: "phy802.11 will not process Wi-Fi 'phy' and 'control' frames; these tipically are the most susceptible to corruption resulting in false devices. This can be re-enabled with dot11_process_phy=true ".
    What can i do? thank you

First off: did you add your current user to the group "kismet" ?

sudo usermod -a -G kismet yourusername

then log out and back in (or reboot) and launch "groups" to check you are actually in the group kismet. All this is unneeded if you run kismet as root.

You have to add a capture source.
    Edit kismet.conf in the source section if you want kismet to start with a predefined source. You only need to use the standard name of the interface (es: wlan0) and not the one assigned by airmon-ng "wlanmon0" because kismet is able to toggle monitor mode automatically by its own. Look at the console messages when starting kismet.
    Or you can from the web UI select the conf menu top left and there enable the source you want from the list of all sources available.
    Another way is passing kismet the name of the source as an argument; this will override the default sources you may have set up in kismet conf , say that you have configured it for wlan0 as a source but you want to use wlan1 (without having to edit kismet.conf) :

kismet -c wlan1

And this is all I know about this.

While being at editing kismet.conf, if you did not do that before also remember to enable GPS (if you have a GPS receiver and gpsd up and running, that's it) or you won't be able to geolocate the networks you find. Uncomment the line where gpsd appears.