Thread: Installing Nethunter with newer AndroidOS?

Installing Nethunter with newer AndroidOS?

hello,
    I have a Nexus 7 (2nd gen), and Android 6.01. Nethunter is available for this combination, however before installing Nethunter I was wondering as there is a newer version of Android available for this device (up to Android Q I believe), would it be possible to upgrade to a later version first and then installing Nethunter, or is Nethunter dependent on this particular version of Android (6.01)? It is not clear to me why that would be.

I would also like to clean up (with Debloater), my AndroidOS as most standard apps I don't use and I don't want them to take up resources and unwanted upgrades. I don't know if there are any specific Android apps Nethunter would need in order to run.

If I want to upgrade later to a newer version of Nethunter, can I uninstall the current version and reinstall a clean version, or would I need to flash my Device to AndroidOS, and install the latest Nethunter on top of that?

I am new to this and would like to clear this up first. Thanks for any help.

So, to the beast of my knowledge, you need 4 things for the full version of Kali:
    1) An OS - I am going to assume you have this one covered
    2) Root Access.
    3) A working, NetHunter-compatable Kernel for your OS Version you want to run.
    4) NetHunter itself.

If you are installing a premade NetHunter Package, then 3 & 4 are covered. Just make sure it is made for the OS that you're using/going to use/wanting to use. If one is not available, you might need to create one yourself, or wait for someone else to post one. I am currently downloading the sources for LineageOS 16, so that I can try my hand at compiling a kernel for my OnePlus 1 with LOS on it. I could put it back on Stock Firmware, and have it working, but I'd rather have the Latest OS that I am able to get a hold of. When 17 is released for Bacon (OnePlus 1), I may try that also.

Thanks for your reply. I bought another Nexus 7 (great little tablet by the way!) last week for slightly different purposes but it gives me the ability to experiment as well.
    I have Android 6.01 rooted and the latest nethunter installed on one. Prior to installing Nethunter I made a backup of a rooted stock android. I hope I can reflash to that baseline installation each time I want a clean install of a newer Nethunter version. Uninstalling nethunter and installing a newer one (without reflashing) seems not that obvious.
    On the other device I would like to have Android 9/LiquidRemix or LineageOS (perhaps try both), not necessarily for hacking purposes, but nice if it were possible.

Trying to install nethunter on techno pouvior 4 plus via termux using this
    pkg install wget
    wget -O install-nethunter-termux https://offs.ec/2MceZWr
    chmod +x install-nethunter-termux
    ./install-nethunter-termux
    As instructed but gets aborted. I need help please.

Your hardware doesn't seem to be supported as I see it.
    https://github.com/offensive-securit...nethunter/wiki

Quote Originally Posted by life1776 View Post
    Trying to install nethunter on techno pouvior 4 plus via termux using this
    pkg install wget
    wget -O install-nethunter-termux https://offs.ec/2MceZWr
    chmod +x install-nethunter-termux
    ./install-nethunter-termux
    As instructed but gets aborted. I need help please.
    Did you get any error message?

Quote Originally Posted by re4son View Post
    Did you get any error message?
    Nope. Next line was ABORTED