I have filed a bug report 6222 in the tracker.
I was doing a apt-get dist upgrade. Initially all packages got downloaded and while installing certain bugs got installed. As a result the OS crashed and it was all black screen after that. Restarted several times but the same result each time. I had installed Kali 2020.1 on Hyper V. This was the second bug I mentioned & would have contained more than one bug.
In this context I need to know the following:

1. How to collect all upgrade packages in one folder while running upgrade command without installing them?
  2. How to check each package for bug/compatibility before installing them?
  3. How to uninstall a package should it cause problem like the one above?
  4. How to know which package or packages caused the problem since lot of them got installed quickly?
  5. Is there a log and what is its location?
  6. Is there a way to uninstall all packages installed by the command and go back to the last known Good Configuration?
  7. Is it possible to create a Restore point as in windows and go back to it should package bugs corrupt the OS?
  8. I had changed the URL in the /etc/apt/sources.list to https:// mirrors.ocf.berkeley.edu/Kali since the kali.org URL had a horribly slow download speed. Is it possible that the URL contains buggy, untested packages harmful for download.
  9. How to segregate packages as Essential and Non-Essential so that Non-Essential may not be installed.

Please note that I searched google but couldn?t find answers to my above questions.
I am new to Kali and my learning has stopped totally due to this buggy unstable version.

Regards.