Hi all,

Yes, I did try to google these questions and it appears there are many contradicting "opinions" or "experiences", so my issue and question is:

I installed Kali, latest version (i did have Kali some years ago), and first issue is, you dont get asked for any root password during installation anymore- or to set one? Instead its just the user and thats it, thats how its intended to be? I get user via the console with sudo .. but, why isnt it possible to set it automatically during installation? I mean, sure if there is a 10 way work-around, thats great, but why is that option not available? Is like I need a workaround to install a printer or a mouse.

Which brings me to the second annoying thing, the displays. I have one external screen, its detected fine but its to the "left" of me. So I thought, no big deal, right. So, How in the world is it possible to have my MAIN PRIMARY screen the laptop and the EXTERNAL one on the left, the EXTENDED one? It just doesnt work .. I can have the external one only at the right?? Or i can make the left one my primary and then i have the laptop as the external one.. what a NONSENSE. Is there really no way to set his? Some write its like this by default cause it should be always "right" .. i mean, this cant be real. This feature was probably used in the 80s already, so anyone could please point out to me how to do this?

Cheers,
Marco