Thread: Can't Switch Window Manager in xorg

Can't Switch Window Manager in xorg

Hi All,
    I am trying to connect to a Kali Linux VM via XRDP and have installed XRDP on the VM already.
    Being a total Linux noob and I cannot figure out how to do the following;
    How do I get the Kali Linux Gnome desktop environment when I RDP in with xorg as the session type?
    I only ask as the current desktop enviroment looks completely different to that of the normal Kali Linux desktop experience and quite frankly I like the Kali desktop look.

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________ ______________________________________________
    real estate marketing consultants prabhadevi apartment mumbai real estate digital marketer
    Last edited by arunpandit; 2020-05-04 at 05:29.

what desktop env does your VM have now? when you log in to it normally... also what version of Kali is it?

Quote Originally Posted by arunpandit View Post
    Hi All,
    I am trying to connect to a Kali Linux VM via XRDP and have installed XRDP on the VM already.
    Being a total Linux noob and I cannot figure out how to do the following;
    How do I get the Kali Linux Gnome desktop environment when I RDP in with xorg as the session type?
    I only ask as the current desktop enviroment looks completely different to that of the normal Kali Linux desktop experience and quite frankly I like the Kali desktop look.

Any Updates???