Thread: How to get Nethunter Kernel Builder?

Question How to get Nethunter Kernel Builder?

I've been trying to develop a nethunter kernel for my mobile phone according to the guides given in the Kali Documentation.In patching the kernel section, the documentation guides using Nethunter Kernel Builder but there is no instructions on how to get the kernel builder,Can anyone tell me how to get the nethunter kernel builder?

Sorry for that. I'm working on that part of the documentation at this very moment :-)

cd into your kernel source directory and execute:

Code:
    git clone https://gitlab.com/kalilinux/nethunter/build-scripts/kali-nethunter-kernel
    cd kali-nethunter-kernel
    ./build.sh
    the "config" file has the default configuration. Look but don't touch ;-) To change any of those settings, create a file called "local.config" and overwrite any of those parameters.
    Best to pick one of those "local.config.example" files that comes the closest to your requirements and copy that across to "local.config".

Just give it a crack and come back here if you have any questions.

bro
    But my kernel version is not available in nethunter kernel patches .My kernel version is 4.9. So how do i patch the patches?
    If manually,Then How?
    Thanks fro replying

Hello @Re4son,
    I'm having trouble with build.sh . Most of the menu selections result in an error:
    Code:
    /build.sh: line 369: cd: ~/android_kernel_oppo_msm8974/arch/arm64/configs: No such file or directory
    This is then followed by 88 options.

I have checked for that path, and sure enough, there is no arm64 folder inside arch.

I am trying to compile for a OnePlus 1 under LineageOS 16.0.

Any clues as to shat to do?

Disreagrd, I figured it out. Archetecture is set by the $ARCH variable in local.config . I didn't have that defined, so it used the default from the main config file.

It is fixed now.

im trying to build for sdm 660 device but i get

make[1]: Entering directory '/home/ubuntu/Downloads/kali-nethunter-kernel/out'
    arch/arm64/Makefile:27: ld does not support --fix-cortex-a53-843419; kernel may be susceptible to erratum
    arch/arm64/Makefile:77: *** /root/android/toolchains/armhf-4.9/bin/arm-linux-androideabi-gcc not found, check CROSS_COMPILE_ARM32. Stop.
    make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/ubuntu/Downloads/kali-nethunter-kernel/out'
    make: *** [Makefile:152: sub-make] Error 2
    make: Leaving directory '/home/ubuntu/Downloads/kali-nethunter-kernel/android_kernel_samsung_sdm670-10.0-luis-los'

real 0m0.034s
    user 0m0.028s
    sys 0m0.003s
    make: Entering directory '/home/ubuntu/Downloads/kali-nethunter-kernel/android_kernel_samsung_sdm670-10.0-luis-los'
    make[1]: Entering directory '/home/ubuntu/Downloads/kali-nethunter-kernel/out'
    arch/arm64/Makefile:27: ld does not support --fix-cortex-a53-843419; kernel may be susceptible to erratum
    arch/arm64/Makefile:77: *** /root/android/toolchains/armhf-4.9/bin/arm-linux-androideabi-gcc not found, check CROSS_COMPILE_ARM32. Stop.
    make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/ubuntu/Downloads/kali-nethunter-kernel/out'
    make: *** [Makefile:152: sub-make] Error 2
    make: Leaving directory '/home/ubuntu/Downloads/kali-nethunter-kernel/android_kernel_samsung_sdm670-10.0-luis-los'

real 0m0.042s
    user 0m0.028s
    sys 0m0.008s
    [ SUCCESS ] Kernel build completed
    [ QUESTION ] Save .config as nethunter_defconfig? [y/n]

what should we do after building our kernel?

hello, i too have visited the page https://www.kali.org/news/kali-nethunter-updates/ , to find the "linux kernel builder' but there were no links . Also this section "On the topic of documentation; the documentation for the kernel builder is yet to be completed but we plan to finish that within 7 days of this blog post going up."

Shouldn't it be up by now? i would really like to try to learn and build linux kernel for nethunter. Please help.. thanks.

-

can anyone make a website for hb with php things? please cuz i dont know **** about making sites, i can only do freewebs but i only know how to do the basic