Thread: Mass storage issue with Drive Droid

Mass storage issue with Drive Droid

Well, I have an old MacBook Pro 2009, running OS X 10.11. For testing and development purposes, I need a laptop with Windows 7, which this particular MAChine supports, via BootCamp. The only issue, is I have a whole $0.98 to my name right now so I can't go out and buy any blank DVDs, even if I knew of a store that had some right now.

Windows 7 install discs don't support (U)EFI booting, and this Mac doesn't support booting from USB sticks unless they are (U)EFI bootable. I do have a working ISO image and license. Older Macs only support Legacy booting via the Internal Hard Drive, or via the Internal or USB DVD drive. I've tried copying and mounting the ISO in drive droid as a USB DVD drive, but the Mac won't recognize it when I plug it in that way.

I'm stuck at this point, is there any way to make Drive Droid work properly and serve an ISO as USB CDROM/DVD-ROM?

Help!!

P.S.: Yes, I am aware that Windows 7 is End of Support, and that I am taking risks by trying to run it now-a-days. It's still my choice, and this is what I need to do.

Is there an older version of NetHunter wherein this would work? I have a OnePlus 1 (Bacon) and a Samsung Galaxy S5 (klte) available to try. Both are on LineageOS 16.

For Drivedroid, you dont need to Nethunter.
    Just download Drivedroid, and run the kernel test. Drivedroid will say: "reboot your pc and enter boot menu then press Drivedroid."
    after press, you will see Drivedroid image then everything ok. Select Windows image and host.

Already tried that. For some reason, Kernel test shows that CD mode fails.

Quote Originally Posted by aaronouthier View Post
    Already tried that. For some reason, Kernel test shows that CD mode fails.
    AFAIK OPO did work only with version 0.9.28 properly

https://softwarebakery.com/apps/driv...ree-0.9.28.apk