For the past few months I have used Deepin Linux and Linux Mint. I found myself constantly installing tools that are already present on Kali Linux since I use them on almost daily basis. There are also some tools that require a lot of work to be installed on Linux Mint, so that was my incentive to switch to Kali Linux which I used a few years ago.

I installed Kali Linux 2020.2 and the default desktop environment is XFCE. It does look nice, but there are multiple things that bug me, so I installed Cinnamon. After switching to it, I found out that many of the default keyboard shortcuts were not working. For example I could't open terminal by Ctrl+Alt+T. I found out that it won't open unless I remove my other terminal emulators and just use gnome-terminal, which is fine.

I don't like the default screenshot capturing software installed on Kali, that's why I switched to deepin-screenshot which I find really good. I installed it using "sudo apt install deepin-screenshot", went to settings, added a new keyboard shortcut with the command "deepin-screenshot" and I thought that would work, since it worked in Linux Mint. Unfortunately it didn't. I made a really simple bash script and tried executing the script with the keyboard shortcut and it didn't work. I even tried opening file manager using the command "thunar" and that didn't work too. I also tried opening the terminal and writing "deepin-screenshot" and that works.

I thought I'd try running it from XFCE and it worked. But as I stated previously, I don't really like XFCE and I am used to Cinnamon. Is there any chance this could be fixed somehow?
I really don't want to use XFCE (nor Mate or KDE which I tried too).