Thread: CFO says buy a new laptop TODAY - which ASUS TUF won't work - what would you buy

CFO says buy a new laptop TODAY - which ASUS TUF won't work - what would you buy

The household CFO just told me to order a new laptop TODAY. Don't want to disappoint her so which ASUS TUF is a good choice (or are they all)? What to ensure I can run all software including "John" and anything else that needs a proper GPU. I'm not a gamer so 60 or 120 are the same for me.

I'm inclined to the ASUS TUF but if something else in the $1,000 range is way better I'd look at it. As with all network equipment that I buy or had customers buy I don't want anything where the parent company is based in China (not the same as made in China).

And your thoughts are???

Had issues so got postponed until today. I can order this if it will work for the entire Kali suite:

ASUS TUF Gaming A15 Gaming Laptop
    15.6” 144Hz Full HD IPS-Type
    AMD Ryzen 7 4800H
    GeForce GTX 1660 Ti
    16GB DDR4
    512GB PCIe SSD
    Windows 10 Home
    TUF506IU-ES74

Thoughts???

Ordered an ASUS TUF Gaming A17 laptop. Specs: 17.3", Ryzen 7 4800H, Geforce GTX 1660 Ti, 16 GB, 1TB SSD. 10 Home - this will be interesting as all my active M$ systems are 10 Pro - will see how it goes.

I'm going to try running for a USB drive - will see how that goes.

It came. Boxed well. Haven't upgraded to Pro yet.

Creating a recovery drive on a 16GB Sandisk USB 3 flash took 89 minutes - WOW. System in general seems slow for the hardware specs - I'm guessing it's a driver issue or the 16GB of RAM is likely a single stick which have has been associated by some with slow Windows performance.

The only ASUS documentation for booting from a USB drive is only a video - I greatly prefer "paper" documentation as that's my history. Did finally get it to boot so that's OK. My Kali USB 2 drive then crashes out during the boot but Windows is OK. Don't know what the cause is - so new Problem #1.

After another BIOS change (SVM) installed Oracle VirtualBox and then the image. Had to fiddle around to get the Alfa network adapter to work but got it to go. Funny - airodump-ng works but although in Fern I can select the card it never finds any access points. New problem #2. Glad I don't have a "real" job.