Thread: Install fails into VirtualBox on Win10 -- package checksum mismatch

Unhappy Install fails into VirtualBox on Win10 -- package checksum mismatch

I have been trying several ways to install Kali 2020.1b into VBox 6.1. It always fails during package install, though it did get farther today when I turned off all desktops and the default tools, but it still failed. The 'user friendly' installs just say that's where it fails, but I don't know where to look for the error; so I ran a manual install and it complained that the packages did not have matching checksums. OK; I am able at that point, after I continue the install with Grub etc, to bring up kali with a single window on tty1; so I then try to get the packages I'm missing with apt-get update. Every time the result looks like this:
    I can't capture the text so I'm attaching a screenshot.
    I have tried both kali.download and the Berkeley mirror with no improvement. What could I be doing wrong?
    (I downloaded the .ova from the offensive-security site and I believe it was OK until I tried to update packages; then failure again.)
    (I also learned that enabling 3D acceleration is a very bad idea, but that is now a separate issue.)
    Attached Images Attached Images