Thread: sherlock error

sherlock error

hello friends

if i want to run sherlock i get an error after this code;
    python3 -m pip install -r requirements.txt

I get this error;

pip is configured with locations that require TLS/SSL, however the ssl module in Python is not available.
    Collecting beautifulsoup4>=4.8.0 (from -r requirements.txt (line 1))
    Retrying (Retry(total=4, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by 'SSLError("Can't connect to HTTPS URL because the SSL module is not available.")': /simple/beautifulsoup4/
    Retrying (Retry(total=3, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by 'SSLError("Can't connect to HTTPS URL because the SSL module is not available.")': /simple/beautifulsoup4/
    Retrying (Retry(total=2, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by 'SSLError("Can't connect to HTTPS URL because the SSL module is not available.")': /simple/beautifulsoup4/
    Retrying (Retry(total=1, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by 'SSLError("Can't connect to HTTPS URL because the SSL module is not available.")': /simple/beautifulsoup4/
    Retrying (Retry(total=0, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by 'SSLError("Can't connect to HTTPS URL because the SSL module is not available.")': /simple/beautifulsoup4/
    Could not fetch URL https://pypi.org/simple/beautifulsoup4/: There was a problem confirming the ssl certificate: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='pypi.org', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /simple/beautifulsoup4/ (Caused by SSLError("Can't connect to HTTPS URL because the SSL module is not available.")) - skipping
    Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement beautifulsoup4>=4.8.0 (from -r requirements.txt (line 1)) (from versions: )
    No matching distribution found for beautifulsoup4>=4.8.0 (from -r requirements.txt (line 1))
    pip is configured with locations that require TLS/SSL, however the ssl module in Python is not available.
    Could not fetch URL https://pypi.org/simple/pip/: There was a problem confirming the ssl certificate: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='pypi.org', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /simple/pip/ (Caused by SSLError("Can't connect to HTTPS URL because the SSL module is not available.")) - skipping

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    if i type python i get this message
    python
    Python 2.7.18 (default, Apr 20 2020, 20:30:41)
    [GCC 9.3.0] on linux2
    Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.

if i type python3 i get this
    python
    [GCC 9.3.0] on linux2

SO i did instal python3 right?
    And also why i am getting the error on sherlock? how can i solve it please help

Same

Quote Originally Posted by predatorr View Post
    hello friends

if i want to run sherlock i get an error after this code;
    python3 -m pip install -r requirements.txt

I get this error;

Collecting beautifulsoup4>=4.8.0 (from -r requirements.txt (line 1))
    Retrying (Retry(total=4, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by 'SSLError("Can't connect to HTTPS URL because the SSL module is not available.")': /simple/beautifulsoup4/
    Retrying (Retry(total=3, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by 'SSLError("Can't connect to HTTPS URL because the SSL module is not available.")': /simple/beautifulsoup4/
    Retrying (Retry(total=2, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by 'SSLError("Can't connect to HTTPS URL because the SSL module is not available.")': /simple/beautifulsoup4/
    Retrying (Retry(total=1, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by 'SSLError("Can't connect to HTTPS URL because the SSL module is not available.")': /simple/beautifulsoup4/
    Retrying (Retry(total=0, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by 'SSLError("Can't connect to HTTPS URL because the SSL module is not available.")': /simple/beautifulsoup4/
    Could not fetch URL https://pypi.org/simple/beautifulsoup4/: There was a problem confirming the ssl certificate: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='pypi.org', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /simple/beautifulsoup4/ (Caused by SSLError("Can't connect to HTTPS URL because the SSL module is not available.")) - skipping
    Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement beautifulsoup4>=4.8.0 (from -r requirements.txt (line 1)) (from versions: )
    No matching distribution found for beautifulsoup4>=4.8.0 (from -r requirements.txt (line 1))
    Could not fetch URL https://pypi.org/simple/pip/: There was a problem confirming the ssl certificate: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='pypi.org', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /simple/pip/ (Caused by SSLError("Can't connect to HTTPS URL because the SSL module is not available.")) - skipping

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    if i type python i get this message
    python
    [GCC 9.3.0] on linux2

if i type python3 i get this
    python
    [GCC 9.3.0] on linux2

SO i did instal python3 right?
    And also why i am getting the error on sherlock? how can i solve it please help
    i have exactly the same problem, also with sherlock and i can't seem to find a solution for the problem

i have exactly the same problem while installing, and i also need a solution.

You have install Python 3 with apt. This is my CLI output:

root@kali:~# python
    [GCC 9.3.0] on linux2
    >>> exit
    Use exit() or Ctrl-D (i.e. EOF) to exit
    >>>
    root@kali:~# apt install python3
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    python3 is already the newest version (3.8.2-3).
    python3 set to manually installed.
    The following package was automatically installed and is no longer required:
    libmozjs-68-0
    Use 'sudo apt autoremove' to remove it.
    0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1 not upgraded.
    root@kali:~# python3
    Python 3.8.6 (default, Sep 25 2020, 09:36:53)
    [GCC 10.2.0] on linux
    >>>

Use the command sudo apt install python3 and install python 3. After that, you can cd into the sherlock folder and run your command, Hope this helps.
    [B][I][FONT=book antiqua]Time is precious. Waste it wisely.

Just because something is illegal, doesn't make it wrong.[/FONT][/I][/B][B][I][FONT=book antiqua] Just because something is legal, doesn't make it right.[/FONT][/I][/B]