Thread: sherlock error

sherlock error

hello friends

if i want to run sherlock i get an error after this code;
    python3 -m pip install -r requirements.txt

I get this error;

pip is configured with locations that require TLS/SSL, however the ssl module in Python is not available.
    Collecting beautifulsoup4>=4.8.0 (from -r requirements.txt (line 1))
    Retrying (Retry(total=4, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by 'SSLError("Can't connect to HTTPS URL because the SSL module is not available.")': /simple/beautifulsoup4/
    Retrying (Retry(total=3, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by 'SSLError("Can't connect to HTTPS URL because the SSL module is not available.")': /simple/beautifulsoup4/
    Retrying (Retry(total=2, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by 'SSLError("Can't connect to HTTPS URL because the SSL module is not available.")': /simple/beautifulsoup4/
    Retrying (Retry(total=1, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by 'SSLError("Can't connect to HTTPS URL because the SSL module is not available.")': /simple/beautifulsoup4/
    Retrying (Retry(total=0, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by 'SSLError("Can't connect to HTTPS URL because the SSL module is not available.")': /simple/beautifulsoup4/
    Could not fetch URL https://pypi.org/simple/beautifulsoup4/: There was a problem confirming the ssl certificate: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='pypi.org', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /simple/beautifulsoup4/ (Caused by SSLError("Can't connect to HTTPS URL because the SSL module is not available.")) - skipping
    Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement beautifulsoup4>=4.8.0 (from -r requirements.txt (line 1)) (from versions: )
    No matching distribution found for beautifulsoup4>=4.8.0 (from -r requirements.txt (line 1))
    pip is configured with locations that require TLS/SSL, however the ssl module in Python is not available.
    Could not fetch URL https://pypi.org/simple/pip/: There was a problem confirming the ssl certificate: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='pypi.org', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /simple/pip/ (Caused by SSLError("Can't connect to HTTPS URL because the SSL module is not available.")) - skipping

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    if i type python i get this message
    python
    Python 2.7.18 (default, Apr 20 2020, 20:30:41)
    [GCC 9.3.0] on linux2
    Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.

if i type python3 i get this
    python
    [GCC 9.3.0] on linux2

SO i did instal python3 right?
    And also why i am getting the error on sherlock? how can i solve it please help

Same

Quote Originally Posted by predatorr View Post
    hello friends

if i want to run sherlock i get an error after this code;
    python3 -m pip install -r requirements.txt

I get this error;

Collecting beautifulsoup4>=4.8.0 (from -r requirements.txt (line 1))
    Retrying (Retry(total=4, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by 'SSLError("Can't connect to HTTPS URL because the SSL module is not available.")': /simple/beautifulsoup4/
    Retrying (Retry(total=3, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by 'SSLError("Can't connect to HTTPS URL because the SSL module is not available.")': /simple/beautifulsoup4/
    Retrying (Retry(total=2, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by 'SSLError("Can't connect to HTTPS URL because the SSL module is not available.")': /simple/beautifulsoup4/
    Retrying (Retry(total=1, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by 'SSLError("Can't connect to HTTPS URL because the SSL module is not available.")': /simple/beautifulsoup4/
    Retrying (Retry(total=0, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by 'SSLError("Can't connect to HTTPS URL because the SSL module is not available.")': /simple/beautifulsoup4/
    Could not fetch URL https://pypi.org/simple/beautifulsoup4/: There was a problem confirming the ssl certificate: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='pypi.org', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /simple/beautifulsoup4/ (Caused by SSLError("Can't connect to HTTPS URL because the SSL module is not available.")) - skipping
    Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement beautifulsoup4>=4.8.0 (from -r requirements.txt (line 1)) (from versions: )
    No matching distribution found for beautifulsoup4>=4.8.0 (from -r requirements.txt (line 1))
    Could not fetch URL https://pypi.org/simple/pip/: There was a problem confirming the ssl certificate: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='pypi.org', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /simple/pip/ (Caused by SSLError("Can't connect to HTTPS URL because the SSL module is not available.")) - skipping

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    if i type python i get this message
    python
    [GCC 9.3.0] on linux2

if i type python3 i get this
    python
    [GCC 9.3.0] on linux2

SO i did instal python3 right?
    And also why i am getting the error on sherlock? how can i solve it please help
    i have exactly the same problem, also with sherlock and i can't seem to find a solution for the problem

i have exactly the same problem while installing, and i also need a solution.

You have install Python 3 with apt. This is my CLI output:

root@kali:~# python
    [GCC 9.3.0] on linux2
    >>> exit
    Use exit() or Ctrl-D (i.e. EOF) to exit
    >>>
    root@kali:~# apt install python3
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    python3 is already the newest version (3.8.2-3).
    python3 set to manually installed.
    The following package was automatically installed and is no longer required:
    libmozjs-68-0
    Use 'sudo apt autoremove' to remove it.
    0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1 not upgraded.
    root@kali:~# python3
    Python 3.8.6 (default, Sep 25 2020, 09:36:53)
    [GCC 10.2.0] on linux
    >>>

Use the command sudo apt install python3 and install python 3. After that, you can cd into the sherlock folder and run your command, Hope this helps.
    Time is precious. Waste it wisely.

Just because something is illegal, doesn't make it wrong.
    Just because something is legal, doesn't make it right.