asus netbooktablet with magnetic keyboard

i was running 2020.1a w gnome which i updated to 2020.1b no knowing they ditched gnome.

now auto rotation doesnt work

its at 800x1280 and rotated left (with keyboard attached at base) so touch pad is off.

once i log in i can xrandr -o right to correct, or go through the menu settings to set rotation and it works.

if i log out or reboot, it resets.

if i change the reso to 1280x800, it goes all scewy and interlaces sideways and at wierd angles, and i have to xrandr -s 0 in a terminal that i cant see to fix.

google's all ref much older versions of arch or ubuntu, or 2014 era fixs, but the lightdm conf files are all commented out when viewing so dont even look like this new version even uses them,

any advice? i can go back to 1a but i dont mind learning xfce/lighdm over gnome.

plus, not even sure where to begin for the grub and boot up being sideways now, somewhere between splash screen and bios which still orient correctly, it goes wonky. also not sure why it no longer senses rotation like before.

thanks all!

ps. on a side, i also now have to hard click my touch pad to mouse press instead of a soft quick tap. i also have to hard click the bottom right to right click where i could 2 finger soft tap to right click which is much easier. there was a setting under mouse/tablet in the .1a gnome version but not here apparently.