Thread: Screen resolution problem

Screen resolution problem

Hello everyone,
    recently I have installed Kali Linux on my machine and I came across a problem. The screen resolution was 1920x1080 which is the resolution of my monitor but some parts of the OS were otuside of my screen, for example the taskbar and the start menu. This can be fixed by changing the screen resolution to something smaller but then it looks terrible and the quality of the picture drops. After that, I decided to install the NVIDIA drivers since I have an NVIDIA graphics card. I carefully followed the instructions from here. I executed the first command from the terminal and waited few minutes for it to finish. When the computer rebooted, the screen resolution was small but some parts of the OS were visible on my screen this time, which is 50% of the result I want. I opened the console again and executed the second command, which is installing the packages nvidia-driver and nvidia-cuda-toolkit. After the reboot, the screen resolution changed to 1920x1080 and everything was fine but here's where I started noticing a problem. The OS became very slow and lagged so much that it was very hard to use it and also very annoying. This could not be undone and I even tried removing the NVIDIA packages but nothing worked. I kept searching on google and other various sites on the internet but I could not find a solution to this problem so the only option I had left is to post my problem here and hoping that someone knows how to fix this.

Here are the pecs of my computer:

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460 @ 3.20GHz
    Processor: 64bit
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB
    RAM: 16GB
    Last edited by Akyros; 2020-05-17 at 14:47.