Thread: Xiaomi Redmi k20 // MI 9t Hid interface

Angry Xiaomi Redmi k20 // MI 9t Hid interface

dear, re4son,
    I'm trying to install Nethunter on Mi 9t, but my hid attack doesn?t work, what should I do?

Quote Originally Posted by maninmiddle View Post
    dear, re4son,
    I'm trying to install Nethunter on Mi 9t, but my hid attack doesn?t work, what should I do?

maninmiddle,
    sorry I don't have an answer for you, but I do have a question: You got Nethunter to install on the Mi 9T phone and with all of the tools?

First time I've ever tried to ROM a phone...I have a Mi 9T, got the Nethunter wallpaper to install, but nothing else. If you or anyone else would be kind enough to share the exact steps on installation, that would be great. I've found nothing on YouTube as of yet. I was able to install TWRP, boot it up and try to burn the Nethunter img, but it did not work. I'm obviously missing a step/steps. Thanks.

@maninmiddle what does not work? Does the home screen list the HID interfaces under "HID Status" after you enabled HID in the USB Armory?

@blueghosties

1. Download the NetHunter image for Davinci, twrp, magisk and Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt.
    2. Copy twrp, magisk, Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt & NetHunter image to USB-C drive
    3. Flash TWRP, reboot into TWRP, insert USB drive, flash twrp zip
    4. Reboot into recovery & format data
    5. Install ?Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt? & Magisk
    6. Reboot to system & finish Android setup
    7. Reboot into TWRP
    8. Install NetHunter Image
    9. Install Magisk again
    10. Reboot
    11. Run NetHunter app
    12. Reboot

Quote Originally Posted by re4son View Post
    @blueghosties

1. Download the NetHunter image for Davinci, twrp, magisk and Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt.
    2. Copy twrp, magisk, Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt & NetHunter image to USB-C drive
    7. Reboot into TWRP
    9. Install Magisk again
    10. Reboot
    11. Run NetHunter app
    12. Reboot
    @re4son, thank you. I will give this a go and report back with the results.

@blueghosties

7. Reboot into TWRP
    9. Install Magisk again
    10. Reboot
    11. Run NetHunter app
    12. Reboot
    @re4son got to flaming Kali logo boot screen and it just stays there.
    Last edited by blueghosties; 2020-05-21 at 20:41. Reason: forgot to member name to reply to

@re4son how long did it take TWRP to load Net hunter on your phone for first run?

couple of minutes. If that happens try flashing Magisk again and the Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt zip

@re4son I've gotten to the point where Nethunter is installed, but the phone complains with a dialog box at lock screen that the phone is damaged and to contact manufacturer. When I can finally get Nethunter opened, it says that root/superuser permissions were denied....so the phone keeps crashing putting me back to the lock screen with no touch control for about 10 maybe 15 seconds, then gives me the 'contact manufacturer' dialog box and then I'm able to get back into the phone again. It's cyclical...frustrating, but learning a lot. At least I got it this far...definitely appreciate the help.

Files being used:
    Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_03.04.2020.zip
    twrp-3.3.1-0-davinci.img
    nethunter-2020.2-davinci-miui-ten-kalifs-full.zip
    Magisk-v19.3.zip

Am I using the proper files? After installing Nethunter, maybe run Magisk with Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_03.04.2020.zip as well?

One thing I wasn't sure about...twrp.zip. I couldn't find that specific file.

This is the Miui 10 image on the phone. davinci_global_images_V10.3.11.0.PFJMIXM_20190802. 0000.00_9.0_global

Quote Originally Posted by blueghosties View Post
    One thing I wasn't sure about...twrp.zip. I couldn't find that specific file.
    Sorry, my bad. That's required for the OP7 not davinci. Should have read:

VBMETA PATCHER

the phone complains with a dialog box at lock screen that the phone is damaged and to contact manufacturer.
    That's the standard Xiaomi message that pops up after a reboot with a custom kernel. Just ignore it. Most devices annoy you with a message that your bootloader is unlocked before you boot, Xiaomi annoys you with that message if you flash a custom kernel.
    Consider it a badge of honour.

@re4son - Cool! Badges of Honour! Lol!

Upon rebooting back into system to finish Android setup (number 6. on the list), do I leave all the settings as default and agree to everything, such as Location, whether I accept their data collection, etc? Do I bother putting a PIN on the phone at all? I'm trying to think of every probability of why it has failed. It keeps crashing and putting me back to the lock screen. This time it gave superuser permissions, yet, it goes into cyclical crash and back to the lock screen. No Service at the top left, 0% battery at the top right. Then it gives the dialog of internal problem with phone dialog, shows my carrier and the proper battery charge...and then will crash 15 maybe 20 seconds later back to the lock screen.

I'm stuck...any ideas? Tie the phone to the bumper of a car and see who chases after it first?

@re4son - Completely overlooked the VBMETA PATCHER...will try that now. Was way too tired last night and should of stopped sooner.

@re4son, no such luck. It no worky.

@re4son, kept at it, tried different flashing orders, thought it was going to work this last time...nope, it gave me the proverbial finger and cycled back to the lock screen. Tying the phone to a car bumper is looking far more attractive at this point...or sticking it in a plant pot so it can test for water levels.

Any chance you could film a walk-through setup and post it on YouTube? That would be a great help. Thanks.

@re4son I'm crying, I've been a nethunter fan for a long time and I just bought the xiaomi k20 pro, do you think that in the future it will come out for this pro version? Sorry for the off topic

@re4son, kept at it, tried different flashing orders, thought it was going to work this last time...nope, it gave me the proverbial finger and cycled back to the lock screen. Tying the phone to a car bumper is looking far more attractive at this point...or sticking it in a plant pot so it can test for water levels.

Any chance you could film a walk-through setup and post it on YouTube? That would be a great help. Thanks.
    Did you root it and removed encryption successfully?

Did you root it and removed encryption successfully?
    I followed your steps that you gave many times and it yielded a cyclical crash. The last time, I flashed Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt twice to make sure that nothing was stopping it from being rooted with Magisk. I flashed Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt at step 5 and then right before step 8 flashing the Nethunter image and then Magisk again as specified in step 9. After Magisk was installed, it gave no errors and on the output. I was able to open Magisk on reboot into the system, the run the flashing within the app itself. Kali Nethunter ran chroot without error. What image of Miui did you use on your device? That could be where the issue possibly lies.

Are these all the proper files? It's all guesswork for me.
    Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_03.04.2020.zip
    twrp-3.3.1-0-davinci.img
    nethunter-2020.2-davinci-miui-ten-kalifs-full.zip
    Magisk-v19.3.zip

They look ok to me.
    What happens when you do it step by step? At what stage does it break?

Booting into the phone after the install of Nethunter and Magisk...after step 10...booting into the phone to try to run Nethunter before it cycles and sends me back to the lock screen.

So you had everything working, encryption gone, rooted, etc. and then you installed nethunter and it broke?

So you had everything working, encryption gone, rooted, etc. and then you installed nethunter and it broke?
    Yes. Here is everything that I've done.

What I Did With the Phone

1. Reflashed the original phone image onto the phone using Xiaomi Flashing Tool.
    2. Set up phone with no wifi and said No to all Google and Xiaomi services.
    3. Denied any access Xiaomi requested and cleared all Additional settings…Location, User Experience, Send Diagnostic data automatically, Update Automatically, Personalised ad recommendations.
    4. Setup completed with image installed…no errors.
    5. Logged into phone turned on Developer Settings.
    6. Checked Developer Settings to make sure OEM Unlocking was selected and Mi Unlock Status was set to Unlocked.
    7. Powered off the device by holding the power button and tapped the interface power button twice.
    8. Held power button and lower volume rocker button to boot into Fastboot.
    9. Flashed with Fastboot on Windows 10 using fastboot flash recovery tarp-3.3.1-0-davinci.img
    10. Rebooted into TWRP
    11. Flashed the VBMETA patch and rebooted.
    12. Booted into TWRP and installed Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt and Magiskv19.3 and rebooted.
    13. Rebooted to System using TWRP.
    14. Finshed system setup.
    15. Opened Magisk and went through update, no errors…curious about option and switched verity to disable on in Magisk then rebooted into system…no errors…powered off.
    16. Rebooted into TWRP.
    17. Set Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt (got error because it was already decrypted) , Nethunter and updated Magiskv20.4 to flash.
    18. Reboot system.
    19. Nethunter fire logo comes up. Nethunter asked for permissions once phone was booted up. Went into Nethunter and Allowed everything.
    20. Got a data security error and system asked for a reboot to reestablish the data service...was curious, so I pressed it. (Don't push the big, shiny red button)
    21. Pressed reboot to see what happens.
    22. Same cyclical crash to lock screen.
    23. Opened Security app and agreed to its conditions…rebooted.
    24. Cyclical crash.

Downloading nethunter again to see if it's the image.

Did you format your data partition when you flashed "Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt"?

Did you format your data partition when you flashed "Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt"?
    And did you upgrade the nethunter-app from the store after flashing? That's required to work around the new scoped storage restrictions in Android 10. It shouldn't cause a reboot but prevents the app from working properly

Hello thank you for your good work thanks to your work I finally install kali nethunter on my phone Mi9t.
    all work well:
    * airmon-ng detects my external wifi card (wlan2)
    * kex manager works well
    but I had two problems one is not very important in status bar speed connection does not work and the other problem is very important fingerprint does not work especially with the last rom MIUI CHINA BETA 20.5.21.
    for information with the Miui stable roms (china, global) and the miui.eu custom roms except the first problem which persists the fingerprint works well.
    I wonder do these two problems come from the kernel custom nethunter?
    that's yes can you update this kernel or direct me to solve these two problems. can i use kernel-builder to fix them? forgive me for my mediocre language. And thank you in advance.
    my configuration is: mi9t miui china beta 20.5.21 and kali nethunter 2020.2 last release.

thanks to your work I finally install kali nethunter on my phone Mi9t.
    all work well:
    * kex manager works well
    but I had two problems one is not very important in status bar speed connection does not work and the other problem is very important fingerprint does not work especially with the last rom MIUI CHINA BETA 20.5.21.

7. Reboot into TWRP
    9. Install Magisk again
    10. Reboot

Yes, I formatted the data in TWRP and then went back to TWRP home screen and installed Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt and Magisk, then rebooted to finish the Android setup. I will try again...I will follow the steps again.

And did you upgrade the nethunter-app from the store after flashing? That's required to work around the new scoped storage restrictions in Android 10. It shouldn't cause a reboot but prevents the app from working properly
    Couldn't get to the app quick enough before it crashed and sent back to lock screen. It also gets interrupted during the process, crashes and reboots. Will give it another go.

Couldn't get to the app quick enough before it crashed and sent back to lock screen. It also gets interrupted during the process, crashes and reboots. Will give it another go.
    What you could try is to install the Hasty kernel on its own:
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/mi-...hasty-t4084863

See if that works.
    The NetHunter Kernel is based on this one.

Please let me know how you go with that and we can go from there.

See if that works.

all work well:
    * kex manager works well
    for information with the Miui stable roms (china, global) and the miui.eu custom roms except the first problem which persists the fingerprint works well.
    that's yes can you update this kernel or direct me to solve these two problems. can i use kernel-builder to fix them? forgive me for my mediocre language. And thank you in advance.
    my configuration is: mi9t miui china beta 20.5.21 and kali nethunter 2020.2 last release.

all work well:
    * kex manager works well

See if that works.

Will do. It has to be something I'm doing. I had to reflash the device with a davinci image, I don't think it was the original image which could be the culprit in this mess. If it worked on yours, I'm sure it's something that I've done that's not compatible with flashing of Nethunter. Will try your method to see if I can at least get to that stage. Any links for the original ROM for 9T?

I saw no instructions...do i use the same procedure as you've listed above?

Thanks, re4son.

@re4son GOT IT WORKY! Thanks for all the help! I update the phone followed the instructions and it worked!

@re4son GOT IT WORKY! Thanks for all the help! I update the phone followed the instructions and it worked!
    Awesome, great to hear
    Thanks for letting me know.

Can u provide me with steps and what ever u can provide

I request your
    1.Miui version :global/China and number such as miui 10 or miui 11(better to provide the whole name of the .zip or .tgz file you've used)

2. What kernel did you use

3. Your twrp version

4.magisk version

5.android version (I guess it would be 10)

4.the steps (screenshots or videos would be appreciated)

5.Did u use the nethunter image on the official website
    Which is about 1.3 gbyets

6.do hid attacks work and how about monitor mode

Thx in advance

@re4son what is your device
    + Any help you provide would be appreciated

Awesome, great to hear
    Thanks for letting me know.
    Xiaomi 9T
    @re4son had a question on Machanger and monitor mode. Been searching for a fix on monitor mode and getting Machanger to work...nothing that suits my model of phone. Anything I need to do to get Machanger and monitor mode to work? Do I need and external USB radio for monitor mode? Thanks again for all the help.

GOT IT TO WORKY! YEY!
    Last edited by blueghosties; 2020-06-01 at 16:06.

Anyone got the packet injection work on xiaomi 9T?

My device works well on monitor mode but when I test with 'aireplay-ng --test', it always fails.

Hey @re4son, i have unlocked the boot-loader, also rooted my mi 9t, but everytime i flash the kernel my phone gets stuck on boot, once i made it into the nethunter boot logo but i got stuck there, is there something i need to do to solve this, like format or use force encryption or something, are their any videos that can help?, i have had to restore my system a couple times, please help

Exclamation Stuck on Nethunter boot

after i flash net hunter and reboot into the kernel, i get stuck at boot with the kali logo, can someone please give a detailed explanation on how to install and link what stuff would i need to install these things, please help me out

Can you give more details about what you updated to get it working? I'm running into this same problem with the reboots and hope to resolve it as well as have the solution in this thread for others that run into similar issues.

@maninmiddle what does not work? Does the home screen list the HID interfaces under "HID Status" after you enabled HID in the USB Armory?
    I enable the HID interface successfully but when I execute an attack, STRING's dont print. For example, doing the example helloworld attack, it does the Enter's and Ctrl Alt Del but nothing is printed. I'm running it with a notepad windows open and focused on the target machine. Also, the right/left mouse clicks don't work too.

@re4son
    may you please share new steps for latest miui Mi 9T Global MIUI V12.0.5.0.QFJMIXM Update | Xiaomi Firmware Updater
    for mi 9t aka. redmi k20
    on android 10

i left the custom rom community just for nethunter
    thx in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by mpch3san View Post
    just bought the xiaomi k20 pro
    There is a costum kernel ("IMMENSiTY KERNAL for Redmi K20pro / Mi9Tpro") at xda-developers.