Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Nexus 5 - Can't get monitor mode to work

  1. #1
    Join Date
    2020-May
    Posts
    2

    Exclamation Nexus 5 - Can't get monitor mode to work

    Hello!

    It's a fresh install over LineageOS 14.1 (Nougat) on my Nexus 5. Everything installed without problems so I went to Nethunter Store, downloaded Nexmon and opened it. First thing it asks me for root privileges, which I accept and Nexmon instantly crashes.... Well, let's try opening again, maybe was a fluke. Press again, and crashes... well ****.
    Just in case I try to patch the firmware anyway but no luck, it looks like it's working, no errors.I open terminal, type source monstart-nh, seems to work as no errors are given, after that I try wifite, can't put to monitor mode... ok. Airmon-ng, same error... well lets check with nexutil -m... another error "CANNOT LINK EXECUTABLE "nexutil": library "libdl.so.2" not found". After I use monstop-nh I try again and nexutil works... I just don't know.

    It's a fresh install so I don't really know what else I can do. Any tips are welcomed.

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    2016-Nov
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by pispuso View Post
    Hello!

    It's a fresh install over LineageOS 14.1 (Nougat) on my Nexus 5. Everything installed without problems so I went to Nethunter Store, downloaded Nexmon and opened it. First thing it asks me for root privileges, which I accept and Nexmon instantly crashes.... Well, let's try opening again, maybe was a fluke. Press again, and crashes... well ****.
    Just in case I try to patch the firmware anyway but no luck, it looks like it's working, no errors.I open terminal, type source monstart-nh, seems to work as no errors are given, after that I try wifite, can't put to monitor mode... ok. Airmon-ng, same error... well lets check with nexutil -m... another error "CANNOT LINK EXECUTABLE "nexutil": library "libdl.so.2" not found". After I use monstop-nh I try again and nexutil works... I just don't know.

    It's a fresh install so I don't really know what else I can do. Any tips are welcomed.

    Thanks!
    I also have this on a fresh 6P. So far I've found out that doing
    Code:
    cp /usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/libdl.so.2 /system/lib64/
    cp /usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6 /system/lib64/
    cp /usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/ld-linux-aarch64.so.1 /system/lib64/
    helps with that. I have a chan -1 issue though if not connected to any AP before . monstart-nh
    Last edited by yesimxev; 2020-07-31 at 23:56.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    2020-Aug
    Posts
    1
    try install Hijacker from nethunter store
    Nexmon apk crash om many setup when you grand permision
    If that didnt help
    You may not be able to install nexmon on LineageOS 14.1
    if you realy need android 7 please consider flash cfdroid.
    But if you like simple flash last stock factory img and zip from offensive-security.
    and run apt-get update
    apt upgrade
    apt-get install kali-tolls-wireless
    apt-get install hcxtools
    and just run
    source monstart-nh && wifite -i wlan0
    --- on nexus 6P--
    you will also need to install libpcap-dev libc6 libc6-dev

  4. #4
    Join Date
    2016-Nov
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by yesimxev View Post
    I also have this on a fresh 6P. So far I've found out that doing
    Code:
    cp /usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/libdl.so.2 /system/lib64/
    cp /usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6 /system/lib64/
    cp /usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/ld-linux-aarch64.so.1 /system/lib64/
    helps with that. I have a chan -1 issue though if not connected to any AP before . monstart-nh
    Otherwise, if the libnexmonkali is built with -s (stripped), it doesn't ask for the other libs. Anyway, fixed channel -1 is still there for all the time, so have give up for now

  5. #5
    Join Date
    2016-Nov
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivelem View Post
    try install Hijacker from nethunter store
    Nexmon apk crash om many setup when you grand permision
    If that didnt help
    You may not be able to install nexmon on LineageOS 14.1
    if you realy need android 7 please consider flash cfdroid.
    But if you like simple flash last stock factory img and zip from offensive-security.
    and run apt-get update
    apt upgrade
    apt-get install kali-tolls-wireless
    apt-get install hcxtools
    and just run
    source monstart-nh && wifite -i wlan0
    --- on nexus 6P--
    you will also need to install libpcap-dev libc6 libc6-dev
    nexmon works properly on Nougat, the problem starts from Oreo 8+ versions

  6. #6
    Join Date
    2019-Nov
    Posts
    148
    I’m not sure about the Nexus 5, but on my Nexus 6p running LineageOS 17.1 with Android 10, I find that I don’t need Nexmon. I can put internal WiFi into Monitor mode first thing after installing NetHunter. The option is in the NetHunter app, under custom commands.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    2020-Sep
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by yesimxev View Post
    Otherwise, if the libnexmonkali is built with -s (stripped), it doesn't ask for the other libs. Anyway, fixed channel -1 is still there for all the time, so have give up for now
    Can you please provide instructions on how you built kalilibnexmon.so? I have been able to build my own libnexmon.so from the nexmon sources just fine, but I can't find instructions on how to build it for the Kali chroot environment.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    2016-Nov
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by KaliWorm View Post
    Can you please provide instructions on how you built kalilibnexmon.so? I have been able to build my own libnexmon.so from the nexmon sources just fine, but I can't find instructions on how to build it for the Kali chroot environment.
    Can you try this newly patched repo to build in kali chroot?

    Code:
    git clone https://github.com/dracode/libnexmonkali.git -b libnl-support
    cd libnexmonkali
    make
    see if it works on armhf. After enabled monitor mode with nexutil, then do export LD_PRELOAD=/your_path/libnexmonkali.so in every newly opened kali terminal window before running tools such as airodump

Similar Threads

  1. Getting RTL8188 to work with Kali in monitor mode
    By qmech in forum How-To Archive
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 2019-02-10, 20:31
  2. Nexus 5 monitor mode without usb wifi card
    By Anarkad in forum NetHunter General Questions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 2016-09-03, 01:53
  3. Nexus 7 Monitor mode for Broadcom WiFi Chipset
    By beloadjoker in forum NetHunter General Questions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 2015-09-02, 11:21
  4. Monitor mode, error getting flags - Nexus 4
    By 09stephenb in forum NetHunter General Questions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2015-08-30, 22:09
  5. Monitor mode, error getting flags - Nexus 4
    By 09stephenb in forum TroubleShooting Archive
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2015-08-15, 12:32

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •