Thread: Cant login after first boot

Cant login after first boot

I'm not sure what to do. I currently have the 64-bit image of Kali installed to my Pi 3 B+. It boots to the login screen just fine, but when I try to login with the default credentials (root:toor) it says incorrect password. I'm really not sure how to fix this. Any advice?

Cant login after Installation

Quote Originally Posted by snaperkids View Post
    I'm not sure what to do. I currently have the 64-bit image of Kali installed to my Pi 3 B+. It boots to the login screen just fine, but when I try to login with the default credentials (root:toor) it says incorrect password. I'm really not sure how to fix this. Any advice?
    I am getting the same error. I installed it on an Oracle VM VirtualBox. Have you gotten your's to work yet?

Have you tried kali/kali also?

Kind regards.

I manage to login using user kali, password kali.
    https://www.kali.org/docs/introducti...t-credentials/

Hey, I am no means an expert and this is a super simplistic answer to your problem.

But, there is two possible answers that have worked for me in the past, but not on the ARM distributions.

First, if you are running kali 2020.2, I know on the vm images the username root and password toor have been done away with. Currently on the newest working version, the user/pass is kali/kali.

Second, if you are not running kali 2020, then I ahve found that pressing backspace to clear any input from the password field allows me to login without incident. Not sure why this works, but it always does for me.