Thread: Raspberry Pi ARM 1st Boot, Mouse/Keyboard (Wired/Wireless) Inactive

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question Raspberry Pi ARM 1st Boot, Mouse/Keyboard (Wired/Wireless) Inactive

Hello!

Having installed the 2020.2 pre-built ARM image for Raspberry Pi (using RPi3 standard that has served me well for Raspbian Buster, Ubuntu Core 18 and Ubuntu 19.10), I am unable to perform any mouse or keyboard operations at the initial login page. During the boot process 3 or 4 lines were displayed in red color but the screen scrolled too fast for me to read anything.

I have tried wired and wireless connections for the input devices using all four USB ports in succession but I cannot get the mouse cursor to move and the keyboard strokes are not displayed on the default initial screen (for login). Since I have not done any customization and the hardware does not have any add-ons, I wonder what user/operator error may be at work here. Of course, I did a nominal search before posting this plea for help but could not locate any relevant articles except one that is several years old related to udev rules. My newbie assumption is that if udev changes are needed for RPi hardware then these would have been documented somewhere.

How do I enable the mouse/keyboard operations? Please advise.

Thanks.

I had that problem too. Using the 64bit image solved it for me, on the pi3. default credentials: kali/kali

Hello!

Same symptom. I have used until yesterday a raspberry pi 4 with the kali 2020.1a version without any problems in the keyboard / mouse, but with the last version 2020.02 I have the same problem that bawwas comments.

Any news on the subject?

Thanks

Hello baqwas:

I have had the same problem but I have solved it by installing the xserver-xorg-input-libinput (apt-get install xserver-xorg-input-libinput) package from a SSH session and rebooting the system.
    After completing these steps, the mouse and keyboard have worked correctly.

Maybe it help you:

https://gitlab.com/kalilinux/build-s...b9c8e6051ff74d

Same here, any help please?

Hi!

I first downloaded the 32 bit, faced the same problem.
    Then I tried it out with the 64 bit 2020.2 version, which seemed to solve the problem with the keyboard and mouse

But I still couldn't set up the headless wireless network.
    I created the wpa_supplicant.conf file and the blank ssh file
    still couldn't solve the problem

ctrl_interface=DIR=/var/run/wpa_supplicant GROUP=netdev
    update_config=1
    country=< >

network={
    ssid="< >"
    psk="< >"
    }

Try raspberry (only) version:

Kali Linux RPi Torrent 2020.2 2.0G 114fbe9d036d4dd64adab017f0e8acacfc3eb9c9640762b976 202f83668c2cc5

https://images.offensive-security.co...0.2-rpi.img.xz

User and pw "kali"

Hi,

I don't really know what is happening but I've had the exact same problem. I found that if I build my own image using the build scripts, the mouse and keyboard work fine.

Hello,

I had the same issue - I realized I had flashed the 32 bit version of Kali for Raspberry Pi. I found the 64 bit version, re-flashed and now I can log in.

I hope this helps.

I have the same issue, no solution found on google, Developer please provide solution to fix this bug.

Quote Originally Posted by baqwas View Post
    Hello!

Having installed the 2020.2 pre-built ARM image for Raspberry Pi (using RPi3 standard that has served me well for Raspbian Buster, Ubuntu Core 18 and Ubuntu 19.10), I am unable to perform any mouse or keyboard operations at the initial login page. During the boot process 3 or 4 lines were displayed in red color but the screen scrolled too fast for me to read anything.

I have tried wired and wireless connections for the input devices using all four USB ports in succession but I cannot get the mouse cursor to move and the keyboard strokes are not displayed on the default initial screen (for login). Since I have not done any customization and the hardware does not have any add-ons, I wonder what user/operator error may be at work here. Of course, I did a nominal search before posting this plea for help but could not locate any relevant articles except one that is several years old related to udev rules. My newbie assumption is that if udev changes are needed for RPi hardware then these would have been documented somewhere.

How do I enable the mouse/keyboard operations? Please advise.

Thanks.
    Or use the 64 bits version. Better.

I'm experiencing the same thing on my Raspberry Pi 4 2GB, installing 2020.2 ARM img. Can't use mouse or keyboard. Please advise.

Hello,

I'm having the same issue. I'm giving up and testing with Parrot OS.

I have also got the same problem no mouse or keyboard (both wired) input after booting on Raspberry Pi 4b 4gb

If i flash Kali 2020.2 with etcher, pi4 unable to detect keyboard or mouse. Had to flash with rufus and was able to detect devices.

Very interesting observation that etcher couldn't but rufus did image the microSD card in a manner that permitted the detection of the devices. Thx for the update.

Kind regards.

I'm having the exact same issue after installing it on the RPi4 - no keyboard or mouse movement.

I have this same problem with the Kali 2020.2 distro on my Raspberry Pi 4. However, it looks to me, at least in my case, that the Kali OS isn't just denying any connections, but it is completely locked up. I've downloaded the OS image to multiple cards with the same result. Eventually I decided to try the Sticky Fingers (Kali) distribution by White Dome and it works just fine.

If it helps, when the Kali machine is starting up about half the time it will report "failed to start entropy daemon based on the havege algorithm." I am unsure what that means.

Thanks for the suggestion on Sticky Fingers by White Dome. I'll give that a try.

Yes, I too noticed the words "... entropy daemon..." scroll by but it was too fast to sink in for me.

Kind regards.

I downloaded the 64bit (as the 32bit did not work for me)
    Kali Linux RaspberryPi 2 (v1.2), 3 and 4 64-Bit Torrent 2020.2 2.1G 044cf9d33f67a8902d6391676ce82680bf08808a6966b4cf75 42ebaf804c6e3d
    I used the following command on a mac to write the image

xzcat kali-linux-2020.2-rpi3-nexmon-64.img.xz | dd bs=1m of=/dev/rdiskn

I also tried
    https://whitedome.com.au/re4son/stic...stalled-image/ which worked OK until I updated and then had issues with the screen

Hi everybody!

Me too, had to re install the keyboard / inputs via ssh:

sudo apt-get install -y xserver-xorg-input-all

There is a newer image now, 2020.2a, that may solve this issue. I'll give it a try and report back later.

Kind regards.

Hello,

Just want to confirm that the RPi 2020.2a image boots with zero issues on the same hardware where the mouse/keyboard had refused to cooperate under 2020.2. Feels good to start the journey on learning "protection" techniques.

One pet peeve though: couldn't change the display resolution since there was only one choice! Hopefully, 2020.3 or beyond will take care of that!

Kind regards.