Thread: Mouse and keyboard don't work on rasberry pi4

Mouse and keyboard don't work on rasberry pi4

It seems there have been several other cases of this, none of which have been solved. I booted into the Kali specifically made by offensive security for the rasberry pi. Everything installed fine and I realized the USB devices didn't work when I needed to type my password in. After trying a few different things, I finally just put Rasbian on my pi and the keyboard and mouse work just fine... so it is very clear that it is a Kali problem, not a rasberry pi problem, and not a keyboard and mouse problem (like all the other discussions I've seen say).

One thing I didn't try is booting it with ethernet, or just trying to put the normal Kali on it, but that's all I can think of. I am somewhat of a noob to this, so at first I just assumed I was doing something stupid, but it all works just fine with Rasbian so this feels like more of a bug report but either way, I appreciate any help, thanks.

Hey there!

I've had the same issue. Ended up connecting via Eathernet, SSH'ing in, and reinstalling the input drivers:
    --reinstall xserver-xorg-input-all

Works perfectly now. Happy learning!

I don't really know what any of that means but I forgot to come back and say I tried the experimental 64-bit version and it works fine. It was only the 32-bit version that had issues with the USB devices on the rasberry pi4. Thanks anyway! Other threads have had this problem but it seems no one found a solution so good job!